Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 CRV. 225/75/16 tires, STOCK springs but with NEW struts all around. Adjustable toe arms, Adjustable upper camber arms
1.5" lift in front (went together fine and looks great! wheel centered in wheel-well.)
Rear is 2.5" spacer above said new strut assy. And when I put it in, it pulls the lower rear control arm forward to the opening of the wheel well, LIKE HORRIBLE!
Rear trailing arm was rubbing badly on lower strut spring perch, so I notched it about .5" to clear but THAT accentuates the problem even worse!
Got the spacers from Ebay (HRG engineering I think. Their O/D green in color) and after several emails asking about this condition (no worthwhile response..) he tells me that "oh, we USED TO SELL a spacer kit to help with that. BUT FOR YOU I'LL MAKE AN EXCEPTION...
IT'S ONLY ABOUT $450.00" :jawdrop: I only paid 500 for the whole car.
$450 FOR SOME LONGER BOLTS AND STEEL ROUND STOCK:bluduh::kaboom.. Lousy F'n cheat!

NOBODY mentions ANYTHING of the lower control arms in their threads that I've read so far. Emailed other sellers which just leads to other B.S. saying to do a "search" in the FAQ section or join a damn blog to ask.
Don't know about you, but I don't really have all that much time in a day to sit and read through billions of pointless threads of kids that have no real mechanical drive or experience other than a Cold air intake or LED lights.

SO, does anyone know or have personal knowledge with doing these lifts and the associated results?
I'd really like to get this on the road and see what or how it acts.
Been working/messing with Hondas for close to 40yrs but always lowering instead. This is first V and lifting one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bringing up an old thread is worth a try. How’s the build going? I just purchased a lift kit 1 in the front 2 in the rear, 225/75/15x7 wheels and tires 1 inch wheel spacer all around. I have adjustable rear camber kits but I’m wondering if they’ll fit my Honda CR-V or if I have to get specific camber kits for my crv. I’m planning on slapping all the parts on this weekend to hopefully have a perfect firme y with no rubbing or clearance issues.
-fellow crv owner Paramount, CA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts