Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been making repairs to my mother's 2004 CR-V EX. I'm needing info on how other people's 2004 CR-V works. Does the front overhead map lights come ON when any of the doors are opened? There isn't a switch on it for On/Off/Door functions like the center Dome Light above the second row seats have.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design
It only has 2 push buttons which turns ON a map light for either side. I can't find an override switch like in my other vehicles. And, does anyone have lights under the dash to light up the floor boards when any door is opened? I looked under the dash on the driver and passenger sides which I didn't see any light bulbs or sockets. Thanks for any help and input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought it was odd there were no front working interior lights especially when the driver door was opened. I just replaced the driver door jam switch to get the center Dome lights ON when the driver door is opened and noticed no lights up front. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,196 Posts
I just thought it was odd there were no front working interior lights especially when the driver door was opened. I just replaced the driver door jam switch to get the center Dome lights ON when the driver door is opened and noticed no lights up front. Thanks!
I've noticed that sometimes Honda makes some odd choices. I'm pretty sure that the trim level with the moonroof that year (EX-L Navi?) had a different setup for interior lights/switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mom's CR-V has the sunroof and the flip down DVD player for the second row seating. I'm thinking about adding a 10 amp circuit with a 12 volt DC 5 to 8 second off delay timer to control two floorboard lights and maybe installing a light behind the clear map light lens. I'm thinking of tieing into both front door jam switches into the circuit for the grounding control but don't know if it will cause any issues with the center Dome Light. Or I could just add another door jam switch to each front door. Just some ideas I may try to do to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts