Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought 2010 CR-V last year and the tires are TOYO opencountry that made at 15th weeks of 2011. As I know the original tires are Michelin or Goodyear, but I don't know what happen in these tires. is this tires are reliable?

Anyway, I think I needs wheel alignment for my car because the car tend to go right side while I drive over 80mph. So, I am considering to change all tires.

The cumulative mileage is around 58,000, so do you think I need to change all tires? is it worthy for the safety? The tire threads looks good so far.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC forums, kismub! Toyo Tires are good. If your thread left is still substantial, there's no need to replace them unless there's an issue. You should get an alignment to correct the issue of the vehicle moving towards the right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and I have no idea about the mileages of the tires. My optimistic assumption is that someone bought the CR-V in 2010 and change the tires in 2011 because of flat, or just trade because the original tires are much expensive. So, the approximately mileages on these tires are around 50,000 miles I think. I don't want to think about crash.. because I didn't see any crashes on Car fax report.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
I'd do a side-to-side tire rotation first...maybe the existing tires have taken a 'set'. If that is the case, the car will pull to the opposite side then.

By all means have the alignment checked when you buy new tires...but doing it on your old existing tires is a waste of time, IMO.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
You can't really go wrong with either of these brands. Both make some really good quality tires, with excellent grip. Just make sure to choose proper speed and load rating for your model.
As alternative you can take a look at Nitto tires at CARiD. This is also a very reliable tire brand with a long history, so you will not have any troubles using them on your CR-V

1 - 9 of 9 Posts