Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just joined and this is my first post for my 2010 Honda CR-V.

Months ago, I cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body (did not remove from the engine) and manually performed the throttle position sensor reset and idle relearn (with no telling if I did it correctly). Since then the CR-V started to show some performance issues:

Sluggish acceleration, especially when the AC is on
Slightly reduced MPG (10% or so)
Once the engine starts, it runs at a higher idling RPM, may jump up serval times, and takes longer to come down (all this has mostly gone away)
During breaking, instead of a smooth match in speed from the transmission, it would down-shift early, causing a jump (it has mostly gone away as well)

In addition, probably not related, when the car is going 50 MPH on the 5th gear at 1500 RPM, it produces a low pitch humming noise and the car would not go faster on that gear unless gas paddle is further depressed so as to trigger a down-shift and rev-up.

I just got this entry-level scanner (CGSULIT SC204) which produced the following data (at idle or key on engine off if not specified):

DTC CNT 0
FUELSYS1 CL
FUELSYS2
LOAD_PCT(%) 15.3
ECT(°F) 212
SHRTFT1(%) -10.2 (idle), -11.7 (1500 rpm), -9.4 (2500 rpm)
LONGFT1(%) -7.8 (idle), -8.6 (1500 rpm), -9.4 (2500 rpm)
MAP(psi) 3.9
RPM(rpm) 657
VSS(mph) 0
SPARKADV(*) 7.0
IAT(°F) 118
MAF(Ib/s) 0.01
02SLOC B1S12-B2S---
02B1S2(V) 0.690
SHRTFTB1S2(%) -9.4
OBDSUP OBDII
RUNTM(sec) 1647
MIL_DIST(miles) 0
EVAP_PCT(%) 30.6
TP{%} 12.5 (78% when gas paddle fully depressed at KOEO, same for AAP and TAC below)
FLI(%) 89.4
WARM UPS 255
CLR_DIST(miles) 3616
EVAP_VP(inH20) -0.853
BARO(psi) 14.6
EQ_RAT11 1.010
02S11(mA) -0.023
CATEMP11(°F) 959
VPWR(V) 14.025
LOAD_ABS(%) 15.3
EQ_RAT 1.009
TP_R(%) 1.2 / 92.2%
TP_B(%) 29.8 / 82%
APP_D(%) 20.0 / 93.7%
APP_E(%) 9.8 / 46.3%
TAC_PCT(%) 1.2; 100%

I have very basic knowledge of what each parameter stands for and it's meaning.

What are some explanations to my car running rich?

Are there any other data that I may want to pay attention to?

Thank you very much for your insight!

·
Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,482 Posts
Would also add a leaking vacuum hose as an area to search. Here is an example:

Eric the Car Guy is a great source for folks. I've watched many of his videos & can vouch for his explanations & the techniques he used to affect those repairs. Don't let his looks turn you off. This man gets his hands dirty to get to the root of the problem, & more importantly, solves said problem.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Would also add a leaking vacuum hose as an area to search. Here is an example:

Eric the Car Guy is a great source for folks. I've watched many of his videos & can vouch for his explanations & the techniques he used to affect those repairs. Don't let his looks turn you off. This man gets his hands dirty to get to the root of the problem, & more importantly, solves said problem.
What about his looks? Does he look like a bourgeois who wouldn’t get his hands dirty? 😉😂

Or does he look like he’d stick you with a shiv and steal your Honda? 😂

Definitely better looking than Scotty Kilmer 😂

·
Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,482 Posts
What about his looks? Does he look like a bourgeois who wouldn’t get his hands dirty? 😉😂

Or does he look like he’d stick you with a shiv and steal your Honda? 😂

Definitely better looking than Scotty Kilmer 😂
Have always enjoyed Eric's videos.

My comment was aimed at those folks who are turned off by visuals which they don't like. Eric looks like me after a long day beneath the car. Sort of an Everyman who knows his way around a vehicle, who gets his hands dirty while showing you exactly what to do.

As for Scotty, 📢 only begins my description of him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Copy all, thanks!

What is your opinion on whether the fuel trim numbers are low enough and worth investigating further into different sensors?

No codes has been recorded so far.

·
Registered
03 CRV
778 Posts
LTFT should be 0. STFT will vary a lot. Since there is no code, that should mean that your ECU is still able to compensate using the fuel trims and keep you at optimum emissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not always a good idea to just replace parts, some times its some simple problem. Checking the fuel pressure is a good place to start. How many miles on the car?

Just found this, it will help explain a few things.
Thanks, the video is helpful. My car is at 144k miles. Regarding fuel pressure, I need to either get a better scanner or get a gauge, so I will be a while before I can report.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator is inside the gas tank (part of the pump).

BTW.... I've been chasing negative fuel trims on my 2011 as well but it has only 70K miles. Cleaning the MAF made no difference.

It runs great with no noticeable issues.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,606 Posts
Copy all, thanks!

What is your opinion on whether the fuel trim numbers are low enough and worth investigating further into different sensors?

No codes has been recorded so far.
Well the first question is... what are "normal" fuel trims for this engine in this model year? What are the normal limits in FT variation to be expected for this engine? You need a baseline for comparative reference. Otherwise you might be chasing a ghost with the fuel trim measurements.

In any event, the trims are a symptom of something, but it comes down to what the something is, and is it out of normal spec range for this engine, or not.

I'm a bit surprised you don't have any codes set for fuel mixture too rich, which is why I think you need a baseline for your engine and model year to reference with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts