Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day. Just got a pair of the side rails installed. What do ya think? Sorry about the quality its from my phone. next step lift and bigger tyres. I put on a pic of the nudge bar as well for people to have a geeze at

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
That's a Bull-bar, at an illegal height here in the states, cause you kill people if you hit them with it. Either way, seems a little too high, and may cause more harm than good to your nice V if it's ever hit. Looks nice though.;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh its not that high. it sits just on the bottom of the bonnet. there actually called nudge bars here in aus n bull bars are the ones that protect the entire front. wish i had one of those. that must be pretty frustrating that there so many restrictions with cars over in the states

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
oh its not that high. it sits just on the bottom of the bonnet. there actually called nudge bars here in aus n bull bars are the ones that protect the entire front. wish i had one of those. that must be pretty frustrating that there so many restrictions with cars over in the states
We aren't allowed to do much of anything here. I can see the reason for the high bar, because cars are designed to throw people onto the hood to "cushion" them if you hit them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think it is only some of the states where you have height restrictions on the push/bull bars..... I have never heard of any restrictions where I live.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it is only some of the states where you have height restrictions on the push/bull bars..... I have never heard of any restrictions where I live.
yeah, if there were restrictions on heights on those, then it wouldn't be some CRV i'd be worried about, it would be the 8 million 4x4 trucks around here that have 3ft lifts on them. (my numbers might be slightly exaggerated)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha, yeah in aus were starting to see alot more of the Ford F series comming out but its kinda hard having big trucks around here because our lanes and roads are narrower

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You also must understand that is illegal to put a lift on a car anywhere, but how many people you see get pulled over for having a 12ft tall truck?

·
Registered
681 Posts
You also must understand that is illegal to put a lift on a car anywhere, but how many people you see get pulled over for having a 12ft tall truck?
Going along that route, it is illegal to do any vehicle modification. Even if it will pass smog, a cop can pull you over and demand to see under your hood and impound your vehicle for improper equipment.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Going along that route, it is illegal to do any vehicle modification. Even if it will pass smog, a cop can pull you over and demand to see under your hood and impound your vehicle for improper equipment.
Wrong. If you have the correct documentation, it's perfectly legal. And you do know you can say no to a cop right? No one usually tells me no, but you have the right to say no. There is no reason I need to see under your hood, unless you were street racing. Keep that in mind. Same thing if a cop asks to look around your car. Say NO. They will tear the crap out of your car for nothing. If you say no and they KNOW you have drugs, they'll get a warrant and come to your house to search it. Which they usually won't.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's a Bull-bar, at an illegal height here in the states, cause you kill people if you hit them with it. Either way, seems a little too high, and may cause more harm than good to your nice V if it's ever hit. Looks nice though.;)
you can't be serious???? m'73 bronco has a bar (winch guard) that's a LOT higher than that, and i've never heard of such law. hell, my bumper is as high as the bottom of the top of that bar....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know ARB do some corker side rails (the ones u actually step on) here in aus, not sure if they do them over in the states though. There about $400 AUD (roughly $350 USD). try http://www.handa-accessories.com. i found mine off ebay n got them for $170 aud. was really simple to install as well. good luck trying to find some. thought this was pretty funny, had a roo jumping down the street a little earlier, was quite funny seeing seeing this thing stop traffic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts