Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to change my cabin filter and some little critter chewed his way through the filter and was building a nest on the top of it.
Cleaned out what I could, but now the blower motor is running loud. Could be some of the debris fell into it.
I assume the blower is underneath the filter. Any ideas on how I can clean this out better?
Also, what does the arm that connects to the right of the glovebox door do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Mice/chipmunks LOVE honda 1.5t’s
Buddy changes eaten harnesses numerous times a week as a honda tech.
I have the honda rat tape on the harnesses in the engine bay.

nest in filter is no good. Bacteria!
This is for a pilot but watch for corpses, maggots n other disgusting stuff!

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
Also, what does the arm that connects to the right of the glovebox door do?
It's a damper that (supposedly) keeps the door from banging open. Of course, it has to be connected to the door to do that, and in my experience it doesn't work at all after being compressed for a month or more.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If an ongoing issue, remove the cowling below the windshield and silicone a screen over the 10 x 4 inch opening leading to the cabin filter. The mice get in there by crawling up the large drain ducts down to the road.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
hate to say it but you likely have a critter problem at home. Some pest control action is needed.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
get a vacume cleaner did not think we had to tell you on that, car off you can get your hands in there if the vacume can not fit make a hose smaller.

if you can get a screen a wire mesh do so, leave that to your imagination good luck. and god ridden

·
Registered
33 Posts
We had that problem, I made an attachment for my shopvac, then put a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth over the vent hole and also a piece to block them getting in there at all, and on the drivers side some stainless steel wool to block that passage as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks All.
Yes, got it all cleaned out I think, but now the fan motor is awfully loud, wondering how far I can go disassembling this thing before I need to take it in for service.
Is there a parts diagram I can see for that area of the car?
I had my wires eaten once when the car was almost new, now I hang Fabrese clip-on scent things I get at Costco.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Jinxed myself 😶
Just today, lifted the rear floor board to clean underneath and found the biggest mouse nest I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a few through the years. About a foot round and half foot deep, sitting next to the spare tire made of clean loose white stuffing type material, complete with turds🤨. This weekend I’ll search the car for the source of the material. Praying it came from outside the car....Just set a mouse trap up inside the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts