Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone with '17 touring got two hooks in the trunk for putting net(envelope style). There is just one hook on the left side in mine. Salesperson told me that because touring has speaker on right side there is no second hook. Anyone with the same issues?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hmm. The hook on the drivers side is for small 1.5lbs cargo as per the owners manual, not for a net.

There are four hooks for the cargo net, cargo net sits flat which I like. I have it installed on my Touring.

What's an envelope net?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wonder why some Touring models have hooks on both sides and some don't? Mine only has a hook on drivers side.

Was planning on getting a cargo net, but now I guess I won't since there's no hook on passenger side.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I imagine some (most?) of you won't like this solution, but I keep one of these in my cargo area. It works great for securing groceries and all kinds of stuff. Note that it uses velcro, so it won't work with a cargo tray in place. Othewise it's cheap, light, and effective.

A1jYFz8RIIL._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmm. The hook on the drivers side is for small 1.5lbs cargo as per the owners manual, not for a net.

There are four hooks for the cargo net, cargo net sits flat which I like. I have it installed on my Touring.

What's an envelope net?
"Cargo net sits flat". I don't quite understand. If it sits flat, I'm guessing installed it doesn't look like the picture of the envelope net. Would you please post a picture that shows it in place in your vehicle. Thank you

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have found a couple of aftermarket nets on Amazon and eBay that are supposed to fit the 2017/18 CRV but it would appear that you have to drill holes in the sides of the cargo area so as to install hooks for the top of the net, but at least one of the nets does not mention including the hooks. Has anyone tried any of these?

The standard Honda cargo net for the 2017/18 CRV is the stupidest idea ever. It covers the entire cargo area, making it useless if you have anything else in that area. Completely useless for groceries. I have never seen any other vehicle that uses that horizontal design. Sorry for my rant, but this really bugs me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may have found a solution for the problem with the 2017/18 Touring having only one hook.

Like many others, I am reluctant to drill holes in my 2-week old car. So, today I bought a set of 3M Command Outdoor Terrace Hooks #17086S-AWES, in black (actually very dark gray). It is supposed to be good for -20 to +125. Even though the surface is not completely flat, there appears to be enough flat area to adhere to.

I installed the hook on the passenger side and it seems to be sticking pretty well. If you decide to try it, be sure to follow the instructions on the package, including cleaning the surface with alcohol. I measured up from the deck to the bottom of the hook on the driver's side - 12-1/4". On the passenger side I put a strip of painter's tape at 12" because the bottom of the 3M hook is about 1/4" below the actual hook itself. Probably not a big deal, but that's just me being OCD. I would not recommend buying the hooks that are for inside, they may not stick as well under high and low temps.

I ordered a cargo net off eBay for $19.95 (free shipping) and am looking forward to testing this out. I will post the results when I have some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to be sure the application had been tested for an extended period

The application I listed above does not work if the hooks are arranged so that they face the front of the car. The pressure from the net pulls the hooks sideways which pulls them off. However, if you attach the hooks so they face each other they work fine (do not use the hook on the driver's side that comes on the car). Mine have been on for a couple of months now and they are still sticking tight.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to be sure the application had been tested for an extended period

The application I listed above does not work if the hooks are arranged so that they face the front of the car. The pressure from the net pulls the hooks sideways which pulls them off. However, if you attach the hooks so they face each other they work fine (do not use the hook on the driver's side that comes on the car). Mine have been on for a couple of months now and they are still sticking tight.
Still interested...will you please post an image?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have found a couple of aftermarket nets on Amazon and eBay that are supposed to fit the 2017/18 CRV but it would appear that you have to drill holes in the sides of the cargo area so as to install hooks for the top of the net, but at least one of the nets does not mention including the hooks. Has anyone tried any of these?

The standard Honda cargo net for the 2017/18 CRV is the stupidest idea ever. It covers the entire cargo area, making it useless if you have anything else in that area. Completely useless for groceries. I have never seen any other vehicle that uses that horizontal design. Sorry for my rant, but this really bugs me.
The floor mounted net could be used to hold down a flat tire or large package

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You might try this install...It's a year old install and it's pretty strong.... only 2 small holes to complete.
I don't have the purchase info but it was purchased from Amazon View attachment 124627 View attachment 124629
i used a hook holder to hold my old accord's netting to the bottom. and since i leave the Rear Cargo Cover on to hide what is in the back, i took the top loop and put it thru the Rear Cargo Cover sides that set into side of crv. i'm happy. when taking the holder off for tailgating, will need to come up w/something else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts