Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased an '09 blk CR-V EX. It's very nice.

We got GAP @ $350 and extended 7 year warranty @ $1200. The original EW $ was $2000, that was shot down quickly. I used to work at a dealership and my brother still does.

The extended warranty is through Olympicare which I have a feeling won't cover much willingly after finding limited info on them.

1. We put down $9000 on $21,500 price. I'm leaning towards getting the GAP $ back after reading about relatively good depreciation values for CR-V EX's. Good decision correct?

2. I'm also going to cancel the extended warranty and get the pro rated EW $ back. We might shop carefully at the end of 5 years for a Honda extended warranty. Good decision?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Value for money

Is $21,500 the full list price for the car in the US? In the UK the list price for a 2 litre petrol EX (top spec) model is around $40,000 , seems that Honda are ripping off UK customers ! Hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is $21,500 the full list price for the car in the US? In the UK the list price for a 2 litre petrol EX (top spec) model is around $40,000 , seems that Honda are ripping off UK customers ! Hope you enjoy the car.
$21.5k is about right for the LX EX-L with NAV is around $28.5 (give or take) oh and then you have to add tax which varies from state to state and county,city in Los Angeles add 9.75% Your MSP is high also because your vat/car tax is included in the price shown............correct?? So perhaps you are not so bad off.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have posted a couple of similar replies to this question..........I did not buy it............I think you are better off putting a few bux in a savings account each week............just my opinion.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rip off

It's more likely it is UK ripping off UK customers. Taxes and fees.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think if you put down 9k on a price of 21k then you don't need gap insurance. No way your vehicle is going to depreciate that much that soon! I agree with you, cancel that puppy. Congrats on the car, hope you like yours as much as we like ours.

·
Registered
371 Posts
We went ahead and canceled GAP and X warranty. It shaved 6 months off the loan. :cool:
I think you made the right choice, those six payments will look nicer sitting in the savings account:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
We just purchased an '09 blk CR-V EX. It's very nice.

We got GAP @ $350 and extended 7 year warranty @ $1200. The original EW $ was $2000, that was shot down quickly. I used to work at a dealership and my brother still does.

The extended warranty is through Olympicare which I have a feeling won't cover much willingly after finding limited info on them.

Good decision?
i would get rid of the olympicare warranty and get a genuine HondaCare warranty for 8 years / 120K miles for less $$...........a bunch of online dealers are still selling HondaCare warranty for cheap.

here's one.....
https://www.hondacareextendedwarranty.com/options.php

HONDA is trying to stop dealers from selling warranty online.....courts involved. but there is no ruling yet, i beleive. so that means FOR A LIMITED TIME, you can still get the HondaCare warranty for cheap......online. some states don't get this deal........i think FL is one of them. enjoy your new V!

·
Registered
23 Posts
$21.5k is about right for the LX EX-L with NAV is around $28.5 (give or take) oh and then you have to add tax which varies from state to state and county,city in Los Angeles add 9.75% Your MSP is high also because your vat/car tax is included in the price shown............correct?? So perhaps you are not so bad off.
He paid 21.5 for an EX, not LX. That's a pretty good deal, I think!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ditch both quickly

That extended warranty is going to be a waste of money. Any warranties other than the HondaCare warranty are useless and will turn out to be a HUGE hassle if you have a problem.

The things that you purchased, and also paint protection, tint, car alarms, etc are called a DPP: Dealer Profit Package. The dealer profits far more than you ever will from these purchases.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.