Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
Just picked up a 2001 manual transmission CRV in pretty good shape with 171,000 miles. One thing I did not see before I bought it...there's no lock cylinder in the passenger door.
Just a nice hole, waiting for a new one. I assume I'll have to remove inner door panel to see what else might be missing inside. If I can buy a replacement cylinder, does it come with a new key, or
can I have a locksmith match tumblers to my current key? Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't really know for sure, but you may need new lock cylinders and keys all around including ignition if you want the same key. Hopefully you can go your mentioned route.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi-
Just picked up a 2001 manual transmission CRV in pretty good shape with 171,000 miles. One thing I did not see before I bought it...there's no lock cylinder in the passenger door.
Just a nice hole, waiting for a new one. I assume I'll have to remove inner door panel to see what else might be missing inside. If I can buy a replacement cylinder, does it come with a new key, or
can I have a locksmith match tumblers to my current key? Thanks!
You can order new locks and keys from eBay. You will have to change all of your locks if you want to have the same key however. You may just be able to buy two locks for the front doors, but it will be a different key for your ignition

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a pair of lock cylinders (with outer door handles) from a "pull your own parts" place. Spoke with a locksmith place here in Minneapolis. They said it would be fairly easy to adjust the wafers in the cylinder to work with my master key.
Brought one cylinder and my key to them, and they had it all set up the same day. $38 bucks. Worth it...now I can just use the one key for doors and ignition. Now I gotta look into the PO420 code that just showed itself when my Check Engine Light turned on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts