Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our "new" CR-V. I know a lot of the following is ahead of maintenace schedule. I like to know I'm starting ok with a 'new" vehicle. I have the
maintenance records and the tranny and diff was done at 31k. I'll probably do it myself in the next couple of weeks.
1) Replaced rear rotors (honda oem pads & rotors).
2) Replaced front pads (rotors ok). Proact akebona pads.
3) Bled brakes.
3) Painted calipers black
4) Replaced air filter & cabin filter.
5) Cleaned engine with purple power and used garden hose on mist to rinse off.
6) Detailed engine with Trim Shine. (stuff is great, engine, hoses, etc look new.
7) Replaced spark plugs. I know they are good for 100k, cost me 28 bucks for OEM iridium plugs and 30 minutes to do.
8) Drained and filled cooling system with Honda type 2 coolant.
9) Brushed on rust converter on undercarriage where looked like rust starting.
10) Wash & waxed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's a great V--a couple of things I'd also do since you're
good at it--Change the trans fluid. Real easy and use Honda Trans fluid.
If you can service the power steering fluid, Keeping the rack and pinion good
with fresh fluid.

There are plenty of instructions for doing the trans--it's just drain and fill.
My 06 has 166K and runs like new--you have a great year for this car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... previous owner had the dealer change the diff & tranny fluid @ 45.6k about a year ago, I will do it every 15k. PS was done at 31k by dealer. I plan on removing PS fluid and refilling multiple times... I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I do all the maintenance on it so I'm familiar with all the fluid changes..... I did use Trim Shine (stuff is amazing) on the engine compartment, Hoses, everything in engine except belts. looks like new, friend thought I had it steam cleaned... I also did my jeep and 2 other vehicles, amazing stuff. read the reviews on amazon. Bought it at autogeeks.net for 5.99 a can with 15% off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.