Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently purchased a 2011 CR-V LX with approximately 165K miles.

The CE light is on, showing codes P1454 (DPD PM over accumulation) and P2422 (EVAP CVS Stuck Closed). I don't own a Honda shop manual yet (I do have a Chilton manual) but can someone please point me to the location of the EVAP canister on this vehicle? I will likely need to replace the Fuel Pressure Sensor or the Canister Vent Solenoid.

Thanks very much for your help!

Andrew

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,171 Posts
No one else answered, so I'll hazard the guess that the evap canister and its control valves are to the left of the rear differential, where it is on our '06.

Often you can get an idea of assembly location from the parts diagrams of the online Honda parts dealers, like Bernardi Parts or HondaPartsDeals.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The canister assembly is located at the right rear, and Atwell's posted diagram is the correct one. The fuel tank pressure sensor and the vent shut valve are located there, side by side, and also the vapor control valve is nearby. The canister purge valve, however (if you need to know) is located next to the engine's valve cover, just to the driver's side of it, in the engine compartment. This is from the factory service manual, page 11-305.

By the way, here's where I picked up my manual, off eBay, at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bishko-OEM...459374?hash=item41bc9fbcae:g:e9YAAOSw0nhceLNz

It's the full and complete manual on CD. Very handy. Mine has already paid for itself easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much, Atwell and Larry.

I have the Bishko shop manual set for my 72 Eldorado - great resource that led me through a lot of repair/restoration work. I'm going to try working on a modern car now. This will be a new adventure - I won't be able to climb into the engine compartment to work on the CR-V!

Andrew

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Working on these things kind of reminds me of back when I was restoring my MG. For British sports cars you need one hand with short fat fingers and one with long skinny fingers, and then one just regular. The only difference is that the Hondas have a lot less room to work in there. But, at least I don't need a milk crate to check the oil, like I do on my F250!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts