Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home our new 2011 CRV EX-L yesterday, and today (it's now got ~75 miles on it TOTAL) we got home from running an errand to the store. It's rainy out, and we did a mix of city and highway driving. We got out of the car in the garage, and it smelled like something was burning. It seemed to be strongest on the right side of the car at first, and I opened the hood and smelled it a bit as well.

Should I be as insanely concerned/freaked out as I am that the car I just spent so many thousands of dollars on "smells like burning" less than 36 hours after I bought it??

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '11 EX did the same thing after a long drive. I could smell a slight hint of burning and attributed it to the protective material they place on the engine, etc. during vehicle shipment. It went away after a couple thousand miles and was gone when I sold the CRV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same here with mine in the first 100 miles. I attributed it to the exhaust or heat, possibly due to undercoating seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for calming my nerves, all. I've owned Hondas (all bought used, though) my entire adult life and have a family member who has had CR-Vs for awhile, but had never heard of a new car smelling like that so quickly after coming home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts