Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2015 EXL AWD and really like it!

Just wondering about a few things.

1) The rear backup camera. All three views work fine, but the guidelines are out of alignment. I'm not referring to the dynamic part. It's just that when we back into the garage, the rear of the vehicle is parallel to the wall. However, the horizontal yellow guidelines shows at about a 25 to 30 degree angle. Makes it kind of tough to back into the garage and/or back into a parking spot if needed. Does anyone know if there is any way to adjust the alignment in Settings, or is it a dealer only kind of thing. I googled it and went through the CD Owners manual. Can't find anything.

2) The passenger side windshield wiper (when the wipers are turned off). The drivers seat is in it's lowest position and I can still see about 1/5 of the top of the wiper. They were hidden (tucked away) in most of the vehicles I've owned, so this doesn't seem right. But, I don't really know. Can any CRV owners here see the top of their passenger side wiper? Is it supposed to be like that?

3) Rear seat cup holders. We have a 4-year old whose car seat we keep in the middle primarily for safety reasons, but also so that two adults can sit in the back if needed (more legroom on either side of the car seat). So, the flip-down console isn't an option. It's not uncommon for children to have a drink or two, nor is it uncommon for Honda to skimp on cup holders. But, it looks like we're outta luck on the latter. Are there seriously only two cup holders back there? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

4) Touchscreen wallpaper. I was able to successfully load custom wallpapers, but how do you view them other than browsing through the wallpaper settings? They show up as loaded and I select one and hit OK, but can't see it anywhere. They're sized at the resolution of 4096. But they're not 4096 x 4096. Could this be the problem? Or does it just show in couples of places/modes that I haven't found yet?

All right, thank you for reading and I thank you in advance for any/all replies!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3) Check the doors, there's a well towards the bottom. Not exactly great, but they do exist.
We saw those, but they're not formed like the trays/cup holders on the front doors. Was wondering if there are dedicated cup holders that slide or fold out of somewhere. Thank you for the reply!

Also, I meant to say that it's not common for Honda to skimp on cupholders (rather than uncommon, as I said above. Couldn't figure out how to edit my post.).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I discovered the answer to #4. Found it right here in the forum (after trying several google search string variations). I can't post (full) links yet, but it's right here: forums/20-mobile-electronics/67802-2015-cr-v-wallpaper-display-post444226.html#post444226. It says the only way to view it by Pressing Info from the home screen, then Clock/Wallpaper. Wish the Audio screen could be minimized to the bottom or top, with the wallpaper showing there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1. There are 3 views for the rear cam. One super wide, one regular, and one that points downwards. Do you see the misalignment on both the super wide and regular views? If it’s just one or the other, than it’s probably just a symptom of the lens distortion. If the misalignment is in both, perhaps there’s some damage and you should get it checked out.

2. I suppose this pretty much depends on a person’s height and seating position. I like to sit high and I definitely see the wipers. But they don’t obstruct the view of the road, so it’s a non-issue to me.

3. As mentioned by others, the only cup holders in the rear other than the ones in the fold-down armrest are the ones in the door wells. Most child safety seats have their own cup-holders these days and they’re usually removable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. There are 3 views for the rear cam. One super wide, one regular, and one that points downwards. Do you see the misalignment on both the super wide and regular views? If it’s just one or the other, than it’s probably just a symptom of the lens distortion. If the misalignment is in both, perhaps there’s some damage and you should get it checked out.

2. I suppose this pretty much depends on a person’s height and seating position. I like to sit high and I definitely see the wipers. But they don’t obstruct the view of the road, so it’s a non-issue to me.

3. As mentioned by others, the only cup holders in the rear other than the ones in the fold-down armrest are the ones in the door wells. Most child safety seats have their own cup-holders these days and they’re usually removable.
Thank you. Yes, the guidelines are out of alignment on all three views. Was hoping there is a way to adjust them, but I'll just take it to the dealer soon. I just the top of the wiper on the passenger side - sticks up a little above the dash. It's very noticeable, but not obnoxiously bad. Just wondering if it's normal. Lastly, his car seat does have a cup holder. Sometimes on long trips, we'll stop to get a drink. So we transfer whatever he was drinking to a cup holder for later. When it's time to switch, being able to reach a rear seat cup holder is nice.

On a side note, I did a double-take when I saw this post. My name is Jason and last name starts with a C. Thanks again for the reply, JC.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was in the car yesterday and I finally realized what you’re talking about with the passenger side wipers! They DO indeed curl up a bit unnaturally at the end of the wiper. Now I can’t unsee it!

(I guess it’s normal since it works just fine in the rain)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in the car yesterday and I finally realized what you’re talking about with the passenger side wipers! They DO indeed curl up a bit unnaturally at the end of the wiper. Now I can’t unsee it!

(I guess it’s normal since it works just fine in the rain)
So I'm not going crazy! Thx!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
" New 2015 EXL AWD Questions

We just purchased a 2015 EXL AWD and really like it!

Just wondering about a few things.

1) The rear backup camera. All three views work fine, but the guidelines are out of alignment. I'm not referring to the dynamic part. It's just that when we back into the garage, the rear of the vehicle is parallel to the wall. However, the horizontal yellow guidelines shows at about a 25 to 30 degree angle. Makes it kind of tough to back into the garage and/or back into a parking spot if needed. Does anyone know if there is any way to adjust the alignment in Settings, or is it a dealer only kind of thing. I googled it and went through the CD Owners manual. Can't find anything."

Note: All lenses have a percentage of distortion. It is inherent in the lenses character. Just for fun (?) go back to your dealer and try out another CRV and see if it performs the same or differently to yours. Report back your results. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
In ANY vehicle with a rear view camera; consider the camera a "third" mirror and nothing more. Your local UPS and FEDEX driver, as well as other service/commercial vehicle operators are trained for that consideration.

·
Registered
380 Posts
1) Like others have said. If it doesn't look right, go back to the dealership and compare it with another one on the lot. If there is a difference then the service dept should be able to re-calibrate it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts