Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my 2017 EX diamond white. 27k miles. Test drove the 2018 RAV4 and the CR-V was the better car all around. The RAV4 wasnt terrible but a real dud to drive. It rode solid and planted but felt forced to go forward.
Totally loving the driver's layout in the CR-V and the seats are great. I commute 66 miles daily on the west side of the Sierra mountains from Reno to Carson so the AWD will be a welcome change from a 2004 front wheel drive Toyota Solara.
The ability to fit two bikes in my CR-V was a huge plus.
4 weeks ago we helped our mother in law buy a 2016 CR-V with 32k miles. I helped test drive it and was sold on how it handled and the utility.
So here I am with a 2017.
Super stoked on my new car.
I hope to learn a lot and can't wait to start modding and customizing. I cant leave anything alone so this will be fun.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks good best of luck with it. With a commute like that u shoulf grab a nice dash cam and get some scenic vids

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, what I thought was the deal, ...... fell through. A couple of broken promises by the dealer and I walked away.

I am now in the process of buying a 2017 EX from a private party. Hope this goes well. This one has less miles and the accessories I was planning on adding anyway.
2" hitch receiver, roof rails, cross bars, all weather mats.
Bound and determined to get my CR-V !!
I'll post back with pics once finalized.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New car is home. Still going through it and learning all the ins and outs. Drives very smooth and so glad I didn't get the RAV4. Calculating mpg at 30 for the trip home and one full tank on my commute week.
Here come the mods......

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new wheels/tires, black out emblems, satin wrap front and rear chrome, remove front bumper mount and fix holes, upgrade sound system, wrap center and door armrests with leather covers....I'll think of more as they come
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts