Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new CRV 2 months ago, and have driven only about 3000 miles- mostly freeway. Drove it from Seattle to Portland over the weekend, didn't drive it for 48 hours. Needed to get back to Seattle, but when I went to start the car to drive home, the car sounded like it was going to blow up. This is what happened when I pressed START: Engine began to rev loudly (RPM dial cycling between 4000 and 3500 RPMs), with accompanied super-loud reving noise, with the "brake system" orange rectangular "error" message coming on the display panel on the LEFT. Could not get it out of gear, Turned car off, and tried a few more times -- same thing happened.
Finally got a tow from AAA (Honda "free" towing/service a joke), and after 7 hours of wasted time -- the local dealer got me up and running. Have not seen the error message, or had the problem since.

The dealer was very nice, but the explanation given for "my" problem - was unsettling at best: "Somehow, you got dust on the sensor under the hood" (never drove in windy, dusty, offroad conditions). My repair statement says the following:
" 2234 FOUND MILLIMETER WAVE RADAR TO BE DIRTY/DUTY CAUSING DTC.
CLEANED WAVE RADAR AND CLEARED DTC UINDER HONDA IN BULLETIN. TEST DROVE CAR FOR 2 MIN OVER 20 MPH TO ENSURE DTC WILL NOT COME BACK. "

A "dirty" sensor on a new car - totally disables it? Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried about getting stranded? I want to take on a road trip!!
Thank you for your help,
Supreme DB

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.