Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,202 Posts
Welcome, and we hope you enjoy your new CR-V and become active here!

Some don't have the best way of welcoming and helping a new member! Sorry.

It is generally recommended to check you oil level at least at every gas fillup for the first few months, to be sure you are not using any oii or gaining any. (hence the comment above about oil dilution) It is not recommended to change the oil early (1,000 miles) unless you are seeing the level rise. If this is the case, you should make your dealer service department aware of this. Your car has a Maintenance Minder "MM" that will come on onn the dash to let you know when it is time to change the oil.

PS you might want to add your model of CR-V (LX, EX EX-L, Touring?) and your home area in your profile.

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum! JB hit the nail on the head. Some members are disgruntled around here (some rightfully so). Enjoy your CRV and just check your oil every fill up at for the first month or so.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,071 Posts
Follow the maintenance minder. The sales man knows far less than Honda engineers when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I'm another one that loves HER CR-V. [See how I stayed out of trouble there guys...]

Oh, and leave that break-in oil in there for as long as the MM tells you to. Honda doesn't build new car engines with metal shavings in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts