Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Welcome from me as well! Great car, great forum!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,257 Posts
Welcome.
I guess I won't steer you to the snow tire and anti-freeze area. :)

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 1.5T AWD, Sonic Gray Pearl
171 Posts
Looks great! Nice choice with the Sonic Gray Pearl. I chose the same for my '20. It elicits compliments on a regular basis, including from strangers in parking lots. I dig the blue-hue iridescence it has in direct sun. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
I like that color, but I was afraid it would disappear in a snowstorm.
But I assume the OP doesn't worry about that.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
(y) and welcome to the forum. :)

Sonic Pearl Gray is turning out to be a very popular color for Honda these days. I see lots of late model Civics and CRVs around here in the Sonic Gray. Used to be White Pearl was the local color of choice for CRVS and Red for Civics, but it appears right now the gray is more popular.

·
Registered
2021 Touring Hybrid (Sonic Gray Pearl)
31 Posts
My car's twin! Welcome and congratulations on your new ride. (You'll find that it's more gray when it's sunny and more blue when it's overcast. I just love the color.)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
My car's twin! Welcome and congratulations on your new ride. (You'll find that it's more gray when it's sunny and more blue when it's overcast. I just love the color.)
What I observe in bright sunlight is that the gray also gives off a subtle rainbow like iridescent effect across the painted surface as well as sunlight reflects off of it, courtesy of the tricoat pearl finish.

I have only seen this effect on Hondas in gray.... so I gather other brands sporting gray are probably not pearl finish like your CRV is.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,156 Posts
What I observe in bright sunlight is that the gray also gives off a subtle rainbow like iridescent effect across the painted surface as well as sunlight reflects off of it, courtesy of the tricoat pearl finish.

I have only seen this effect on Hondas in gray.... so I gather other brands sporting gray are probably not pearl finish like your CRV is.
SGP has never been available as CR-V colour in the UK. It is on Civic's - one of the best grey's out there.

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
SGP has never been available as CR-V colour in the UK. It is on Civic's - one of the best grey's out there.
Probably developing a UK-only "Dreadnaught Drab" for the CR-V.
Years ago I read somewhere that they were actually working on paint that could change color based on electric charge.
Never heard anything more of it though.
"The robbers are proceeding North on First Street in a red Chevy that might be blue..."

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I like that color, but I was afraid it would disappear in a snowstorm.
But I assume the OP doesn't worry about that.
Last winter proved your assumption wrong. Deep freeze in Texas of all places.

Reactions: beww

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts

Welcome from me as well, @Jackz ! Great looking car!

One more off topic post...SORRY. Speaking of grey colored cars and other brands...

Toyota has a grey called.........Cement Gray Metallic! OMG

Funny, I generally spell grey with an "e" rather than an "a". I must have some British in me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts