Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening! I just picked up my brand new 2022 CRV Touring and love it! With the chip shortage, I was fortunate to purchase without an aftermarket "adjustment" on pricing! Honestly, I never thought I'd say "thank you" for paying MSRP on a vehicle! I am down-sizing and sold my RAM 1500 (received more than I paid for it, so it was a no-brainer). I'm curious to hear about any upgrades other CRV owners have done on their rides? Anything that is a "must-have" or "nice to have" upgrade? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, Jenny. Congrats on the new purchase.

For me, the two big “upgrades” were
  • Better tires than the factory noisemakers
  • Good all-weather floor mats for ease of cleaning after a muddy walk
Jenny, ha, good reference! Yea, I'm looking at the all-weather mats now...trying to figure out if I want to go weathertech or OEM Honda. What tires came with yours? I have the Continential Cross-contact tires, they are pretty good so far. Did you get any extended warranty or maintenance plans? Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
What tires came with yours? I have the Continential Cross-contact tires, they are pretty good so far. Did you get any extended warranty or maintenance plans?
Our EX-L came with Hankook tires. Others in the forum seem to like the Cross-Contact tires, so you may already be okay there.
We tend to avoid extended warranty plans as a rule, and we skipped those with the CR-V.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
994 Posts
Jenny, ha, good reference! Yea, I'm looking at the all-weather mats now...trying to figure out if I want to go weathertech or OEM Honda. What tires came with yours? I have the Continential Cross-contact tires, they are pretty good so far. Did you get any extended warranty or maintenance plans? Thanks!
I got the extended warranty for mine. Less than $1K for an additional 3 years seemed like a reasonable wager given complexity of a modern car, prevalence of costly electronics, high labor rates for repairs, and my intent to own the car for the full 6 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses! Yea, I am leaning towards the extended warranty if only for all the electronics in the vehicle. The finance manager at the dealership said something that stuck with me, it isn't the Honda parts (engine, etc) that you need to worry about, it is the parts Honda does not make (ie. electronic components) that can be expensive to fix/replace. I've seen some threads on here recommending two dealerships in particular (Saccucci Honda & Hyannis Honda) as having the best pricing, so I may look into them. Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome, I've attached a picture of my new ride, I really like the sonic gray color.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,498 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum family8675309. :) (old school rock and roll fan?) :)

You got the best of the pack in terms of OEM tires with those Continentals.

As for floor mats, I would skip the OEM ones and look at after market weather mats from several different suppliers, not just Weathertech. Weathertechs are nice, but you generally can get equally good competitive mats at a lower price from Amazon.

As for other after purchase adds or mods to your vehicle, other than possibly seat covers and floor mats, I would also add a rear cargo mat (one with all weather siding to prevent anything wet sloshing over) and then I would stop adding things and simply drive and enjoy your CRV for a few months. That will give you time to decide if there are additional addons you would like for your CRV.

If you use your smart phone when driving, you should get a good quality certified USB data/power cable and connect your phone to your head unit for either CarPlay or AndroidAuto, and perhaps a holder for your phone as well. Thing is, with your phone CP or AA linked, you don't really need any access to your phone so it can simply sit in the center console tray area.

Most of all... drive your new CRV and enjoy your new CRV. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum family8675309. :) (old school rock and roll fan?) :)

You got the best of the pack in terms of OEM tires with those Continentals.

As for floor mats, I would skip the OEM ones and look at after market weather mats from several different suppliers, not just Weathertech. Weathertechs are nice, but you generally can get equally good competitive mats at a lower price from Amazon.

As for other after purchase adds or mods to your vehicle, other than possibly seat covers and floor mats, I would also add a rear cargo mat (one with all weather siding to prevent anything wet sloshing over) and then I would stop adding things and simply drive and enjoy your CRV for a few months. That will give you time to decide if there are additional addons you would like for your CRV.

If you use your smart phone when driving, you should get a good quality certified USB data/power cable and connect your phone to your head unit for either CarPlay or AndroidAuto, and perhaps a holder for your phone as well. Thing is, with your phone CP or AA linked, you don't really need any access to your phone so it can simply sit in the center console tray area.

Most of all... drive your new CRV and enjoy your new CRV. :)
Thanks much williamsji, I'm happy to report that I'm already definitely enjoying my new CRV! I appreciate your comments and will take a look at what other floor mats are available. I'm definitely getting the cargo mat too! Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. I bought a Honda Care 8 year/100,000 mile warranty with no deductible for under $1,000 from College Hills Honda . Dealer wanted too much at the time of sale. You can do better online.
Hi patruns (hopefully pat, as in New England Patriots!!), thanks for the tip on College Hills Honda, I just sent them an email. I agree, most dealerships are just too shady about the extended warranty during the time of sale. I realize they are trying to make money, but wonder how much money they lose on each deal when people do not take the warranty. Though, I guess there are those buyers who just take the price offered (not me!). Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What were the prices you were seeing out there for new crvs? Trying to get one for brother, just not happening.
Hi Hobie18, it was definitely a roller coaster of a ride trying to find a dealership that did not have "market adjustments" on the vehicle to account for the chip shortage and lack of inventory. I never thought I would be happy paying sticker price, but I was! I paid $37,170 ($35,550 MSRP + $1,225 Destination) + $500 processing; total before uncle sam was $37,170. I called nationwide looking...using cars.com, autotrader, and truecar. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I scored a set of OEM CRV all-weather floor mats locally on FB Marketplace ($125), which was a great deal. The next project will be to replace interior lights with LED bulbs. It's strange with how inexpensive LED bulbs are these days, why Honda still uses non-LED bulbs on the interior. I'll be sure to update everyone once complete, it looks like a pretty straightforward project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts