Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my CRV in to Honda last night and left it overnight. this morning they noticed the grinding and replace the actuator. This is my second actuator. He also said my cam tensioner was going bad so they change that and only charged me for the part, $90. does anyone know if the failed tensioner is caused by the bad actuator? should I be worried about my timing chain? thanks. 90k on her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which actuator was replaced? I'm not aware of any actuator in the engine compartment. If you post the Part # this could also be crossed reference to which part was replaced

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Which actuator was replaced? I'm not aware of any actuator in the engine compartment. If you post the Part # this could also be crossed reference to which part was replaced
its the VTC actuator. Part # 14310-R5A-305. There is a TSB on it. This was my second VTC actuator. It is the part that casue a grind at start up. It happens mostly in the cold weather. i looked up the part. it doeas look like there is a chain that goes around it. They did not replace the chain but they did replace the chain tensionor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts