Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
No new maps...they are all still in beta stages...all that press and noise for very little tangible stuff...but if the battery usage is less and apps, etc. open faster that, at least, is better than nothing

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read that Waze was targeting an October launch on Carplay.

On a related note, are there any good troubleshooting guides for Carplay on the CRV? I was having a horrible time with it dropping the connection, so I finally turned it off and just use bluetooth for now, but I'm going to want to use it once Waze is available.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good news, some bad news...Google maps update just showed and after updating Google maps now shows up and works on CarPlay. Bad news is that Turn by turn info in the instrument panel doesn’t work like it does with Android auto.

I had tried my old Samsung Galaxy phone a while back and when using it for the first time, it displayed a prompt asking me if I wanted to add navigation to the display which I did and it worked. With CarPlay, the center display showed “turn by turn, waiting for smartphone” which it did before with Apple Maps.

I removed the navigation-compase icon from the center display, restarted the car and then started CarPlay, selected Google Maps, to see if I would be prompted like I had been when I first tried my Samsung Galaxy. No luck. Manually added icon through Setting-system and still no luck with the center display showing turn by turn info.

Hopefully, someone will figure this out or Google will update the Maps app to add this feature to CarPlay using an iPhone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good news, some bad news...Google maps update just showed and after updating Google maps now shows up and works on CarPlay. Bad news is that Turn by turn info in the instrument panel doesn’t work like it does with Android auto.

I had tried my old Samsung Galaxy phone a while back and when using it for the first time, it displayed a prompt asking me if I wanted to add navigation to the display which I did and it worked. With CarPlay, the center display showed “turn by turn, waiting for smartphone” which it did before with Apple Maps.

I removed the navigation-compase icon from the center display, restarted the car and then started CarPlay, selected Google Maps, to see if I would be prompted like I had been when I first tried my Samsung Galaxy. No luck. Manually added icon through Setting-system and still no luck with the center display showing turn by turn info.

Hopefully, someone will figure this out or Google will update the Maps app to add this feature to CarPlay using an iPhone.
Do you happen to have Honda Hack? I’m curious if the latest release 4.4.0 adds this functionality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don’t have Honda Hack. The more I think about it, I think I may have made an incorrect assumption that the lack of turn by turn in the instrument panel info screen with Apple Maps was an app issue and Google Maps would have it since it does with Android Auto. I’m now wondering if it’s a CarPlay issue/limitation. It will be interesting to see if Waze or Sygic Navigation will have turn by turn instructions in the instrument panel info screen.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L
267 Posts
Updated to ios12 but haven’t gotten the update for Google Maps. Need version 5 for Carplay and not seeing it yet in the App Store.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Google maps is working fine on my '17 V EX using an iPhone 7+...nice to have an alternative to iPhone's maps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Google maps is working fine on my '17 V EX using an iPhone 7+...nice to have an alternative to iPhone's maps
Mine as well. Although I had routing on and stopped to get gas. It stopped routing and I had to re-enter the destination after I filled up. AppleMaps would continue and resume upon restarting my car. But it is nice to have access to all my Google Maps locations.

·
Registered
2017, Touring, 1.5 Litre Turbo, White Diamond with Black Leather Interior
481 Posts
Mine as well. Although I had routing on and stopped to get gas. It stopped routing and I had to re-enter the destination after I filled up. AppleMaps would continue and resume upon restarting my car. But it is nice to have access to all my Google Maps locations.
Iphone X google maps not showing on mine 17 crv

·
Registered
24 Posts
Iphone X google maps not showing on mine 17 crv
You might want to check to see if it is on the second screen of Icons. I didn't realize I had it either until I found out it was not on the first page. Each page only shows 8 icons or apps. Go to Settings>General>Carplay>Honda Then try to sweep the screen to the left and see if it is there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Google Maps is working on my 2017 CR-V Touring with my iPhone X. I understand that Waze is in beta. You can rearrange the icons in CarPlay on the iPhone in Setting/General/CarPlay. I moved Google Maps to the first page.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
iPhone 8 with IO12 and google maps is working fine for me. The voice prompts work well with the HD Radio running.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.