Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, I'm new here and am looking for some opinion/ advice or whatever. I've got a 2005 ictdi 2.2 diesel crv. I've had it for 4 years. It's just covered 140k miles and passed its MOT with no advisories. All I have replaced in 4 years is wear parts, an alternator and 2 injector seals. Its currently running like a watch, giving me 40mpg.
My question/s is as follows, as far as I'm aware it still has its original clutch. It's not showing any sign of failing yet, but it cant be far off surely?
If it did fail sometime soon is it a pricey job to fix? Can I expect anything else major to pop soon after? What I'm getting at I suppose is is it worth spending on or is it time to get rid? I previously had 2 freelancers that were both well dead by 135k in every respect, where this clearly isn't (at the moment) I'm currently doing 10k miles a year, mainly rural and short runs.
Thanks in advance

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,645 Posts
Welcome!

If you do replace the clutch, you should also do the DMF at the same time given the mileage done and the mileages you do.

As for Freelanders, LOL, anything made by Land Rover/Range Rover is poor quality anyway and is why they top the ranks for the worst reliability in pretty much every metric known to humanity.

DMF/clutch kit replacement should cost you between £500-600; much of that will be dependant on labour costs.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You might get more replies if you post your vehicle questions in the Gen 2 or Diesel Section. This Section is for introductions only, not for vehicle-related issues. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A clutch can last the life of a vehicle. There is no reason whatsoever to expect it to fail or wear out on any timeline. A good clutch, operated in the correct manner, can literally last forever. There are only two reasons a clutch ever needs replacement. The first is that it is defective to begin with, meaning poor design or poor quality construction or maintenance. The second is poor operator clutch skills. So, as long as those things are in order, and it sounds like they are in your case, your clutch should last indefinitely with no worries.

As long as you keep all fluids fresh and change them at recommended intervals, and take good care of all maintenance, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Kloker and dark knight. Yes defo lol freelander. I will try another thread as advised. But looking positive for the ol girl at the moment. Cheers

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
As for Freelanders, LOL, anything made by Land Rover/Range Rover is poor quality anyway and is why they top the ranks for the worst reliability in pretty much every metric known to humanity.
A family member and a friend both have LR3. Both have had turbos fail before hitting 60K. The other one twice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts