Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken a 2019 EX, I have had two previous CRVs2008 period.
this one is the 194 bhp petrol auto and I cannot believe how poor the fuel consumption is, 25 mpg around town and just cracking 30mpg on a run. Uk gallons for reference.
is this right.
Also I want to buy protective for the rear door areas, Honda want around £300 plus fitting for the pleasure, I have previously had some made in PPG if nothing else I will go back and do that
T

·
Banned
524 Posts
Just taken a 2019 EX, I have had two previous CRVs2008 period.
this one is the 194 bhp petrol auto and I cannot believe how poor the fuel consumption is, 25 mpg around town and just cracking 30mpg on a run. Uk gallons for reference.
is this right.
Also I want to buy protective for the rear door areas, Honda want around £300 plus fitting for the pleasure, I have previously had some made in PPG if nothing else I will go back and do that
T
Hello and welcome!

If you have the same 1.5T CVT like me, then I would ask what your mileage is, as you need some time for the engine to bed in. Mine has just tipped 2700 miles, and the MPG continues to perform very well.

I can get 30mpg+ around town. And on the couple of long runs that I have done, I have managed to get around 45mpg.

Dont forget - CR-V is a big heavy car. Significantly more so than the 3rd Gen/2008 models you have had,

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just over 2000 miles. It is big and heavy and I was not expecting great news but would expect min 30mpg but its not indicating that. Whilst on here do know where I might get rear protectors on the top of the bumper and the entrance to the door where there a couple of vulnerable bits ? , ta...ooops yes its a 1.5 petrol auto 193bhp . just re looking at the book and it indicates 31.7 combined , ouch

·
Banned
524 Posts
Ebay is your best bet for those sorts of things.

I know Honda's UK accessory range has a rear bumper protector in silver - but as with all things OEM, it will be somewhat pricey.

Get up a pic of your car too - what colour is it?

Do you have any other extra's added etc?

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooh dont have any pics of it yet, its black and has had door kick guards and small mudflaps added. Its so loaded with tech stuff I need a degree course in managing it. I just want those back end protectors, particularly the bumper one but serious money for what they are...anyone got any thoughts on where else to get please shout out

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finally there is no way this car it getting to 40 mpg even in economy mode and a long run, how do you validate your achievements ? via the data the car gives you or do you measure / check it occasionally . thanks

·
Banned
524 Posts
finally there is no way this car it getting to 40 mpg even in economy mode and a long run, how do you validate your achievements ? via the data the car gives you or do you measure / check it occasionally . thanks
Checked data using the brim-to-brim method and also the trip computer, which was showing a lot higher than 45mpg. After calculating on the couple of long trips I've done, 45.1mpg was the final score.

I should add that I did NOT use the ECON button/mode. All that bloody does is choke the ECU and make the car lethargic and unresponsive. One of the worst things Honda introduced frankly.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

·
Banned
524 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interesting re the econ button. ta. I have just done the figs on actuals for my first 800 miles, lots of M roads and some Cornwall lanes...33mpg which is better than the indications and I am reasonably ok with that

·
Banned
524 Posts
interesting re the econ button. ta. I have just done the figs on actuals for my first 800 miles, lots of M roads and some Cornwall lanes...33mpg which is better than the indications and I am reasonably ok with that
Seriously, dont use it. It is probably only worth its salt when you are cruising at 65mph on the motorway with light traffic and no hindrances.

And yep, as the engine runs in a bit, fuel economy will improve.

In the first day or two of having mine, I managed to record a Lamborghini Aventador-matching gas-mileage of a whopping 11mpg!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had a sign shop make me Xpel film guard stickers. Completely clear and almost unnoticeable. Door sills and handle surrounds.

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had 3m stuff made for a previous CRV, same as the company that does t for my 7. door sills are std Honda ones which they threw in

1 - 15 of 15 Posts