Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Car enthusiast coming back online.
I used to be such a nut about fast cars back in states. (Drove RX8, Civic Si, and heavily modified evo 9)
Married a Taiwanese wife, had couple of kids, moved everywhere, and now residing in Taiwan.
Didn't drive for 2+ years.
Now I have a steady job, and with some help with in-laws we took a plunge and bought 2013 "S" model (A Taiwanese winter promtion) CRV.
I drove a MDX back home so I do feel some similarities in a sense. (MDX is much bigger in the back, as my wife complains.)
I am not too sure on exact coloring name but it is dark silver. This particular package comes with:
Modulo rear plate, modulo rear spoiler, 18 inch wheels, chrome muffler tips, and front and rear under chasis guards. We added bunch of options such as:
Navigation, rear backup sensor and camera, entry LED step plate, auto folding mirrors, front LED lights, window visors, running boards, tint ALL the way around, and extra security.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda cr-v
Vehicle Car Auto part Luxury vehicle Family car
Vehicle Car Family car Subcompact car Compact mpv
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive exterior Sports sedan

I guess this is an Asian model so it comes with HID, and paddle shifter.

I doubt I'll modify it, I already have been there and with two kids I am out of the game, but am glad to be back on the road.
I will add HD camera recorder since the traffic here in Taiwan is pretty insane though.

Hapy new year guys.
Ray

PS. Sorry for the pics not being rotated.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Very nice looking V. I too wish we had some of those features here in the states.

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. It's weird coming back to the world of cars after life changing moves.
The HD recorder is this
Finger Bumper Technology Hand Electronic device
Gadget Bumper Technology Electronic device Electronics
Electronics Bumper Automotive exterior Technology Rear-view mirror

This is a pretty nifty system made right here in Taiwan. This particular brand is one of the most trusted ones here. The cameras are mounted at the back of the mirror, and this one can host 4 images per system. As you can see the monitor is molded to the mirror itself so it does not require an extra monitor for the camera. The newest one can host 8 brackets of different images (A bit excessive I think) and I am thinking about getting TPSM installed.(This system supports it)
I'll mount two more cameras in the back and that's good enough. The drivers here in Taiwan are...very careless and worry-free. And I heard some nightmare stories about drivers and riders hitting you and try to blame and take you to court and win settlements...yikes. This surveillence system should help just in case of an emergency.

I LOVE the car. Even in the eco mode it still has decent punch, and with such congested traffic who needs all that power anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.