Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for a little help. A friend of mine just purchased a 14 Crv 2wd lx model, which as of today is in the shop. (200 miles). Only had it 3 days, each morning on the first start the mid screen is blank and the radio is inoperable, hit power button nothing. Shut car off and restart mid screen works and radio works however non of the radio presets are saved. Seems like an overnight issue. It sits in a garage although it has been below freezing since She has owned it.

Any insight much appreciated.

As I mentioned its at the dealer, they mentioned calling tech line on Tuesday. But know there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. you help fix my mother in laws dead battery issue with her 12 model.

Again thanks

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It could be a bad battery & a recall or a tsb in regards about a firmware update in regards about the alternator/charging system. I have seen this post in the last 2 weeks. Do a search.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi all, looking for a little help. A friend of mine just purchased a 14 Crv 2wd lx model, which as of today is in the shop. (200 miles). Only had it 3 days, each morning on the first start the mid screen is blank and the radio is inoperable, hit power button nothing. Shut car off and restart mid screen works and radio works however non of the radio presets are saved. Seems like an overnight issue. It sits in a garage although it has been below freezing since She has owned it.

Any insight much appreciated.

As I mentioned its at the dealer, they mentioned calling tech line on Tuesday. But know there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. you help fix my mother in laws dead battery issue with her 12 model.

Again thanks
It must be a loose connection or a multiplexing problem. If it was a bad battery (cell) post/connection that was cutting power altogether to the radio, the radio would not work without re-entering the security code. (assuming that they still have that theft deterrent)

The tsb that otto888man referred to was for not charging the battery sufficiently for short trips. If the battery was not charged I would expect the car would not turn over enough to start once, and you are starting it twice.

The dealer should be able to trace the wiring/multiplex for faults and fix it. They will probably stall around because it's not going to be cheep unless it's just a loose connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up. Dealership called tech line, was a faulty radio head unit. They have seen this before so sounds like a radio production issue. Although be leery of getting a refurbished head unit which is what would have been order until it was quicker to go with a new one. Just fyi. and thanks for all the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts