Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I removed the engine and trans from a 99 crv manual trans replaced the clutch head gasket and timing belt cleaned the head and intake injectors while it was all apart it starts real easy and idle is fine as soon as it gets over 1800 rpm it falls on its face it will rev if you play with it there are no codes any help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
timing is spot on but plugs and wires cap and rotor are a little old so I am going to replace them in the morning with a new downstream 02 sensor my scan tool could not determine if it was good or bad and I will purge the cooling system also but I have never had any trouble with trapping air in the system and pulled vacuum hoses off and no difference I think ill losen the valves a bit and see what happens along with the rest it cant hurt lol

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yeap first thing I would check is make sure there is no vacuum leaks after making sure timing is spot on. Very easy to do on 1st Gen. Grab a can of brake cleaner and spray around the Intake and all vacuum lines. Engine will suddenly run rough if/when it sucks brake clean into one of the lines. The computer will adjust idle to compensate for a vacuum leak at idle.

Also make sure timing belt is perfectly lined up, real easy to get off a tooth which will throw timing off but not set a code.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FIXED I was beside my self with this one I have done hundreds of head gaskets and such never have I had any trouble, however, Honda did us all a great big favor the plugs for the map and the tps sensors are the exact same I had mine crossed changed them and now it runs flawlessly thanks for the reminders

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well that is NOT a problem I would have ever thought of, and a stupid one for any brand car to have. Same style plug near each other.... Don't know the emoji for face palm lol. Anyway, nice job catching that one!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all and I hope it helps out someone when they need it here is a funny part the new clutch I put in slipped turns out to be the hydraulic rubber hose for the clutch replaced it and it is fine thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts