Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the problem when accelerating hard in 3rd, the rev count increased but my velocity didn't! Taking make foot of the accelerator a bit the clutch would then bite and acceleration could continue. Off to the local garage. £1300 later I have a nice new clutch and DMF. Works great now. I am just on 198K now, the clutch and DMF were replaced @100K miles (8 years ago - thank you Honda extended warranty). I challenged with garage on why the DMF also need replacing, there weren't able to confirm if the DMF was out of spec without having to remove it first (at time cost). As I wasn't feeling 'lucky' I took the hit on the DMF!

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Garage was right.

No point either changing the clutch or the DMF if the other isnt changed - because age/degradation would mean you'd have that ballache all over again.

Of course, this will be paced by how often you drive/how you drive etc in terms of wear/tear. £1300 is not that bad - £1k is minimum for a job like that using iffy parts and a so-so mechanic.

Reactions: Tricky Dicky 69
1 - 2 of 2 Posts