Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Matt. I live in the Western mountain side of Maryland. A couple days ago I picked up a 2007 dark blue CR-V. It has just a tad over 182k miles, no rust, one owner, and all maintenance records with it, to include the timing belt (chain?) and water pump being done about 35k miles ago. I did detail it yesterday and man I must admit, I'm really liking this car. Has newer tires, and runs like a champ. I do not know much about Honda's other than they're known to last forever as long as you take care of them. And from that I have researched, the K24 motor in this thing will run forever. So that makes me happy, along with what is stated above with all maintenance being done regularly by the original owner.

A bit about myself, I am a Subaru enthusiast. I currently have a 2012 Subaru STi Limited sedan that will now be a weekend warrior/track car. Before the STi I had 4 wrx's. The CR-V checked all of the boxes as to my wants and needs for a daily driver and winter time beater. Now as the title says, there is a bit more to this story and wow what a rough day it was. On the way home from picking up the CR-V the STi DIED on me! Getting off an exit to get gas, came to a stop and it just died. Wouldn't turn back over. Checked the battery and it said the battery is okay. So a tow home (about 80 miles) from right outside Chambersburg PA, and a 230 dollar tow bill, I have a 30k dollar lawn ornament. I have yet to dig into it to see exactly what is going on. Hopefully nothing major. But I am very thankful that this happened on the very day I bought another car. I have just been super stressed out over my STi! Ugh!.

There is one issue with the CR-V I would like to ask guidance about, as this is my first Honda, and obviously first CR-V. The drivers side window will not go down. All the other 3 go up and down perfectly without issue. But the drivers one does nothing, no noise or anything when pressing the down button. Not sure where to start. I am going to check the obvious fuses before anything. Also been reading it may just be the switch box in the door. Any idea? Is this a regular issue with this car? Where should I start before I begin spending money on the maybe's?

Thank you in advance, and I am happy to be a part of the community here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Um..... Thanks for the warm welcome? Lol. Can anyone at least answer about the drivers window issue? I already ordered a new power window switch. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

·
3,096 Posts
Welcome! I just bought my first CR-V too, also an '07, so I'm on the learning curve here too. From what I know so far power window issues are rare - more common is the door lock actuator issue. But there are any number of possibilities, including the bad switch, a fuse, a simple loose connector, a pinched or shorted wire, or a bad window motor. I'd pull the door panel first and wiggle some wires while operating the switch to see if it's a wire issue. Then I'd run a powered jumper to the motor to see if it works. Check the pins in the connectors to make sure none are out of place and failing to make contact. But since you've already ordered the switch, I guess if that doesn't work you move on through the process and see what happens. Also, water can get down inside the door and cause rust to corrode a connection. It's just common sense, really. A good multimeter is your friend. The first thing I did after bringing my CR-V home is I went on eBay and bought a CD version of the service manual set for forty-something bucks. Very helpful so far, though not on everything. Some things it goes into great detail, others it ignores completely. Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts