Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I recently purchased a 2001 FWD CRV to drive in the winter months here in northern Indiana rather than my rear wheel drive Mustang. It has a lot of miles on it (213,500 miles), but I have read repeatedly that these vehicles are very dependable. I purchased it from a trusted dealer in town, who replaced the timing belt and water pump, and adjusted the valves before he sold it to me.

This looks like a great forum, and I have already followed the advise from some posts regarding the brake light coming on, and the advise worked!

I am looking forward to being a member here, although I will probably not have much to contribute, being a newcomer to these vehicles.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! You are right these vehicles are reliable. Its good that the used car dealer replaced those items & adjusted the valves. AS the timing belt & water pump is the major maintenance on this vehicle. Valve adjustment is a major plus, it makes the engine happier & makes it run smoother. Any pics?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your '01 find! I am amazed at the number of older CR-Vs I see when out and about and the great condition of their fit and finish. That is a real tribute to the quality of manufacture by Honda. I'm sure it is a result of caring owners too. With continued good maintenance there is no reason why the older generations should not continue to perform in a pleasing way. Yes there will be some repairs to make along the way. Take care of your 'find' and it will serve you well.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll add some pics soon! Just got some snow, and it's a mess, but it charged thru the snow like a champ! Love it!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Winter Tires

Don’t know how much snow you get in Northern Indiana, but winter tires in our neck of the woods makes the CRV unstoppable in the deep snow.

Nice find, enjoy! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts