Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, not exactly sure where I should start.

I got me a 2013 CR-V EX-L just August, and I absolutely love this car, it is my first car actually too.

A little bit of background of me, I'm an 2nd year apprentice heavy duty mechanic, and I've done some small amount of automotive work since high school, where I took my first Auto class. I primarily work on the assembly of 797Fs (I have to brag)

I found the high beams on this car are incredibly bad and that I'll probably end up killing someone with the way I speed on the highway not being able to see jack sh*t.

So I did some (and not all) research, not all of it, and I was looking into HID/Projector/Halos as an alternative, also because I'm young and stupid and like subtle modifications to my car that cost gazillions of moneys.

I ordered me a BI-XENON MORIMOTO MINI STAGE III KIT (D2S).
With that kit, I also modified it to come with 55W XB35 5000K bulbs, and the proper MotoControl BiXenon H4/9003 harness. (I looked up the kind of bulbs I have on the NAPA website, and it said 9003, hopefully I'm right.)

With the kit ordered some 70mm White halos along with the kit because I made a random guess.

I also ordered me an extra set of cheap light assemblies in the case I fail horribly at tackling it myself from RockAuto, as someone from another forum I frequent suggested.

The question of this thread was to ask, did I make the right decisions, and are the 70mm halo's going to be the right ones?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I do sooooooo little night driving, that I got the Halo headlights from Ebay, and I'm content with them. The plan was to eventually go to HID, but since I noticed a slight improvement over the OEM lights, I'm good to go!

My Halo's are my daytime driving lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of me driving to work includes driving in the dark. I'm talking 5am/7:30pm. For long drives I leave close to 4am many times. Considering I usually drive on one of Alberta's worst highways, I think I really should get something good.

I'll be posting pictures of during and how it goes.

But I still was wondering if anyone here had enough experience, and knew I was at least on the right path for harnesses/such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.