Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I went down that same rabbit hole with my XJ and got the same result. Mine was a 2-door 4.0 5-speed. Loved it, but expensive years. Tried hard to find a 5-speed CR-V, no luck in almost a year, so I gave up and got a nice automatic one. Sounds like you got a great find there. Pictures, please!

·
Registered
996 Posts
GERAT CR-V!

Welcome aboard - don't overlook the picnic table in the back or the hidden storage area under the front passenger seat (unless there is a factory CD changer down there.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Wow, a couple of Jeep XJ owners.....howdy.

We still have our '98 XJ in the family, just turned 100K miles, driven daily, totally rust free. We replaced the carpet in the front half a couple of years ago. The floor boards still have glossy white paint and those silver insulation pads still look perfect. Put a PowerTrax No-Slip locker in the rear end and 275/60/15 tires on black rims.....looks cool. Great ride. Sorry for the hi-jack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum! I went down that same rabbit hole with my XJ and got the same result. Mine was a 2-door 4.0 5-speed. Loved it, but expensive years. Tried hard to find a 5-speed CR-V, no luck in almost a year, so I gave up and got a nice automatic one. Sounds like you got a great find there. Pictures, please!
once I figure out how to post I’ll get some up here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, a couple of Jeep XJ owners.....howdy.

We still have our '98 XJ in the family, just turned 100K miles, driven daily, totally rust free. We replaced the carpet in the front half a couple of years ago. The floor boards still have glossy white paint and those silver insulation pads still look perfect. Put a PowerTrax No-Slip locker in the rear end and 275/60/15 tires on black rims.....looks cool. Great ride. Sorry for the hi-jack.
That sounds like a nice ride. There’s a 99 with 65k on it for 9 grand I know of at a local dealer. They wouldn’t come down any so I passed on her

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GERAT CR-V!

Welcome aboard - don't overlook the picnic table in the back or the hidden storage area under the front passenger seat (unless there is a factory CD changer down there.

Have fun!
tyr
Didn’t even know about that table , thanks! Found the storage area under the seat which is pretty sweet. The factory stereo has an in dash 6 cd changer

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
once I figure out how to post I’ll get some up here
Look down below across the bottom of your posting box. You'll see a row of symbols. There are two ways to post images. I use Windows Ten on my computer, so this is how I do it: First method is using the attachment function - click on the paper clip, then, in the pop-up, navigate to the pictures in WIndows Explorer files, and click on the image to attach. The other way is to go further across to the fourth symbol, the little rectangular picture, then follow the same procedure. In either process you can add more images by repeating the action. The preview if you like, or just post. I never use my phone for anything internet-related, as it is a poor substitute for such things, so can't help you if that is what you are using. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help kloker
Found some interesting things in the crv since it’s been sitting for awhile. Really surprised all the wiring is still intact. Cleaned out a nest on top of the heater core and where the shifter is. Doesn’t smell too bad after a deep cleaning this past weekend. Still am going to keep hitting it with vinegar and water for a while. Might end up putting new carpet in if I can’t get it all out

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have changed the oil, trans fluid, rear diff fluid, spark plugs, cabin air filter, and got a killer deal on a set of new Michelin defenders yesterday. Still up to change is the brake fluid, coolant, and air filter. No doubt in my mind that’s it’s all original and needs to go. There is one code on it, the evap canister leak but I can’t tell a difference in performance in the engine, so I might fix that or just title it again outside Nova where they don’t do emissions.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Have changed the oil, trans fluid, rear diff fluid, spark plugs, cabin air filter, and got a killer deal on a set of new Michelin defenders yesterday. Still up to change is the brake fluid, coolant, and air filter. No doubt in my mind that’s it’s all original and needs to go. There is one code on it, the evap canister leak but I can’t tell a difference in performance in the engine, so I might fix that or just title it again outside Nova where they don’t do emissions.
Lucky you! In Texas, state law requires us to register all vehicles in the county we live in, and inspections there as well. Texas is considering cessation of inspections, but it hasn't happened yet, so I still have to have emissions testing and the whole nine yards.

On the evap canister issue, it is likely either a cracked or leaking vacuum hose, or one of the two solenoids has gone out. All cheap fixes.

How are the Defenders?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lucky you! In Texas, state law requires us to register all vehicles in the county we live in, and inspections there as well. Texas is considering cessation of inspections, but it hasn't happened yet, so I still have to have emissions testing and the whole nine yards.

On the evap canister issue, it is likely either a cracked or leaking vacuum hose, or one of the two solenoids has gone out. All cheap fixes.

How are the Defenders?
[/

How are the Defenders?
Texas is usually lax on everything surprised they make y’all get emissions...

I’ll check out the solenoids and hoses when I get a chance thanks for the heads up

I’m liking the defenders right now. NTB had a buy 2 get 2 deal then Michelin had a $70 rebate going. They’re 2lbs heavier then the original tires but mpgs have stayed the same. Getting about 25 to the gallon running 80mph on the interstates. Filled up with Exxon supreme to see if there’s any difference, supposedly that gas will net you better mpgs....guess we will see

1 - 14 of 14 Posts