Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been a HUGE Honda nut for quite some time. I own a forum for the East Coast enthusiasts (www.eastcoasthondas.com), I have owned over 12 Hondas since '09.

Got tired of being hassled by cops so I sold my latest endeavour, my '94 EG Hatchback w/ a Cage, Stanced Wheels, JDM H22a and every bolt on you could imagine.

Decided I wanted a CRV. Only catch, had to be 5spd. After much hunting through 600mile radius of NC, I had only found one in Washington, DC. Problem, guy wanted $5k for it with over 200k on the clock.

Kinda gave up on finding one under $3k (I buy and flip cars, I usually find the greatest deals.). A couple days later, I just so happened to find a '98 5spd on the East Coast of NC.

I thought it was a scam to be honest. Two different pictures, 5spd, and $2,500? Yeah, scam. Well, I sent an email just incase, because after all, who scams on a old ass CRV?

Next day lady calls me about it. :) She couldnt meet until the following weekend, however, I begged her to hold it for me. She said it was a base model and FWD and 5spd. Still wanted it.

Show up to buy it, first thing I look is under the rearend, yup! its a awd. :)

Paid $2500. Only thing it really needs is paint. Honda's red paint has sucked. I have owned several Milano Red and various Honda Red's. Every one has sucked.

Enough babbling:

·
Registered
302 Posts
thats a clean engine bay!!! you got a good deal there...... same thing happened
to me few weeks ago,,i just bought my 5th crv! for almost the same price...
5spd and w/ sunroof! -ive been looking for years, i never knew it has sunroof
until i got in the car, all i was excited was that it is a 5spd V...

good luck on your proj!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

This weekend I will be fabbing up a custom lift kit for it. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts