Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the site. just picked up a 99 5speed awd V as a DD/pick up the kids from school rig. not new to honda. i've owned/ built my fair share of honda's over the years, but no a family man that just cant stay away from them. Not sure of my V's fate but I do have a garage full of left over parts from over the years that are taunting me. so a boosted/lifted V may be in my future. already ordered some springs to experiment with to lift it(600lb/in 10" for the fronts and 500lb/in 12" rears) have some left over coil over sleeve's to play with. took the car on it's first trip yesterday and averaged 26.6mpg over a 200 mile trip so pretty happy with that. anywhoo. just saying hi.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Welcome to the site. Had a 00 CR-V 5spd AWD before and really miss that thing.

I see your location as AZ. Where abouts you located? Also in AZ myself. Check the link in my sig as there is pics of my last 2 V's along with some other Hondas Ive owned.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome aboard! You are going to have a lot of fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site. Had a 00 CR-V 5spd AWD before and really miss that thing.

I see your location as AZ. Where abouts you located? Also in AZ myself. Check the link in my sig as there is pics of my last 2 V's along with some other Hondas Ive owned.
i'm in central az about half way between tucson and phx

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You in the dust storm area then too? That is some nasty stuff when it gets blown up. Never had I pulled off due to weather conditions until I ran into one of those.

Id honestly drive through a white out blizzard multuple times , (and have many times being from Minnesota), then drive into just one of those again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes mostly farm land around here and we get that nasty stuff that blows up from picacho/newmans peak area. actually got caught in the haboo a few years back when I was out target shooting. was a very erie feeling, something felt off then I turn around to a giant red wall of dirt. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts