Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I am a new CRV owner, just bought a 2000. It has high miles (250k) but well cared for so I think it was a good deal for me.

The only two real drawbacks are the passenger window does not work (power) and was told that its the motor. Wondering what that might cost and difficulty level?

The other problem is a clunking sound that I noticed is probably suspension or sway bar related. Its pronounced and loud when going over a speed bump and a less noticeable "rattle" when hitting small cracks in the road going straight and faster. It also is pronounced when turning and changing direction, often having a few more strange sounds when turning dramatically and slowly (Almost a "boing" or "tong" kind of sound and a creaking). The Sway bar is noticeably a bit loose when inspected and can easily be moved by hand a bit. Previous owner replaced some sway bar linkage, but not the bar itself. Can the sway bar holes get worn out so it doesn't fit properly? The linkage looked a bit light weight for the application. So, where to start on the clunking sound? Just replace the whole sway bar assembly with new one? Will aftermarket be okay or Honda parts only?

With a more adventures tone, I am looking for a roof rack that works well and is on the less expensive side. Doesnt need to hold a ton of weight, just bags and tents and sleep bags. Any ideas?

Keith, (2000 CRV)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I get my OEM parts online from hondapartsnow.com:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~motor~assy~72715-sw3-505.html

From the looks of it I'm guessing it's not a fun job, difficulty level will require a fair amount of skill/experience. Sway bar issues are common, new bushings. Get the car up on a lift and checked for all front end bushings and components. At that mileage level anything is possible.

You can find info on these jobs here and there are YouTube videos on this stuff. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have a 2000 Cr V, have replaced links and sway bar bushings. Still a clunk, next thing to replace. I believe, is going to be upper control arms. Have read that the bushing wear out and makes a loud clunking sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts