Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just bought myself a used CRV - 2007 Executive model with about 130,000 on the clock. Technically should be a downgrade from my previous 2014 Golf but in no way is that true, absolutely loving the CRV.

As it’s an old car, I’m keen to get any tips/pointers on this type of car as to how to best care for it and to keep on top of maintenance issues before they potentially get worse. It would be great to hear some experiences other people have had with this model.

Also, any recommended garages near or around Manchester would be great!

Cheers,
Kyle

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! It's good to hear that you're enjoying your V! They're one of the best CUV you can buy. I would suggest to replace all the fluids if you don't have any records of which ones have been replaced recently. Is this an AWD? Don't forget to replace the Power Steering Fluid.

· Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,164 Posts
I'm thinking based on spec and reference to Manchester that you're in England.

Welcome!

· Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,660 Posts
Welcome, Kyle! I'm guessing you don't mean Manchester, Texas, right? I love my '07! It has 92k miles on it. I highly recommend a factory service manual, mine has already paid for itself easily. Also, service records are good to have. Give us your driving impressions and keep us posted on how it's going. Enjoy!

· Registered
132 Posts
valve timing adjustment, Plug change and a oil change with a quality filter.
the 100 K check should have had all of these done, but some people trade instead of doing it.

Oil changes, using a good oil, Mobile 1, Amsoil, Etc, Mobil 1 filter, or Purolator cost very little more but do so much more, any questions check out web site Bobs the oil guy .com

· Moderate
2,693 Posts
My previous one was also 2007/2008 Executive. I sold it a couple of years ago and still regret it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.