Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an old Crv 2000
When I am on full lock turning right
I have a small Juder /shake /noise
Is not sterling or anything lose as I know all these faults from lots of other cars Owend .i have never had a awd so in my mind this is the feeling I have like the awd is trying to kick in I read something about changing dif oil as this is a fult that can happen any one know anything like this it’s a Crv 2000 with 1009000 many thanks Clive

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Try this first:

Find an empty parking lot, roll down the drivers window and stick your head out.
Drive in tight circles to both the left and right, listening for a rumbling/grumbling/moaning noise from underneath your CR-V. But don't do it "full lock". Turn the steering wheel to full lock, and then back off 1/4 turn so you're not stressing the power steering pump during the test.

If you hear noises from underneath then have the rear differential fluid changed. Only use Honda Dual Pump Fluid II, which replaces the original Honda Dual Pump Fluid.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If it only makes the noise at full lock then it's probably not the rear differential.

The next question is have you checked the power steering fluid level?
And has the power steering fluid ever been changed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not very good at spelling or typing so this I new to me (forums ) so apologies for bad spelling?or the way I come across ? may be it is power steering
I will change dif oil anyway

Thank you for your time and knowledge ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to say after changing dif oil today not only does it drive so smooth like a new car but the shudder/
Steering problem has diserpired ?this could just be the new power steering fluid that was replaced a few day ago
Any way like a new car ????
A massive thank you to all the people that took the time to help ?
109000 Crv
No rust that I can find (solid) and very clean underneath
Done all the oils and filter
Service
Cam belt been done 83000 came with the receipt and middle and rear box
New
I’ve put new rocker cover gasket and spark plug shaft seals
Brakes look new no lip on disc
Drive s like a dream gave £500
I think I love my Crv it has really grown on me I know it’s old but I love it ?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
When was the last time you had the brake fluid changed?
It should be changed every three years.

And I'm glad the suggestions that were offered helped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven’t bled the fluid out off the lines at the callipers or slave cyiliders but will do this when I inspect the rear brakes but yesterday I took all the fluid from the master /reservoir even right from the back put a new bit in and vacuum out and dirt at the bottom
And replaced with new Honda brake fluid ? I know that the fluid at the callipers and cylinders heat up and will lose viscosity but will replace all fluid power bleed when service rear brakes
And I really do thank you for any Advice trying not to waffle just wanted to let you know I have some mechanical knowledge ??
So nice of people to give up their time and knowledge thank you ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When
I haven’t bled the fluid out off the lines at the callipers or slave cyiliders but will do this when I inspect the rear brakes but yesterday I took all the fluid from the master /reservoir even right from the back put a new bit in and vacuum/pump out and dirt at the bottom
And replaced with new Honda brake fluid ? I know that the fluid at the callipers and cylinders heat up and will lose viscosity but will replace all fluid power bleed when service rear brakes
And I really do thank you for any Advice trying not to waffle just wanted to let you know I have some mechanical knowledge ??
So nice of people to give up their time and knowledge thank you ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts