Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new keyfob for my 03 CRV EX because I didn't get one from the previous owner. It only locks my doors and the unlock doesn't work. The trunk unlock works but only opens the window and wont unlock the lower half.

Anyone have this issue with aftermarket key fobs?

IMG_20190929_104435.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a new keyfob for my 03 CRV EX because I didn't get one from the previous owner. It only locks my doors and the unlock doesn't work. Visiting AutoGuysLand to review top obd2 scanner with Mike Cross if you concern and want to get one. The trunk unlock works but only opens the window and wont unlock the lower half.

Anyone have this issue with aftermarket key fobs?

View attachment 135893
Try the lock button, trunk release button or panic button. If other buttons work, it maybe bad unlock button. Also, you can check if the fob may be bad, or the fault may be in the keyless entry antenna or wiring or even a blown fuse.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I purchased a cheap remote for a sequoia and all functions didn't work. Two of them, both did the same thing. Possibly Return it and try another company

·
Registered
2002 CR-V
2 Posts
I got my used OEM Remote in the mail last night. Programmed it no problem and it works great so far. It would appear some of t cheaper remotes just don’t work, as I should have expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts