Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So after trying to help my sister get a value for her CR-V, she offered it to me cheap - we agreed a fair price for both of us and I ended up taking it on.

So, I now have a 2005 Gen 2 V 2.2 I-CDTI Executive in Nighthawk Black. It's a little rough around the edges but should clean up to a reasonable level with some TLC and elbow grease. It's got heated black leather, navigation, parking sensors and Bluetooth along with a tow bar, VSA, cruise and a sunroof.

It's covered 155,000 miles but had an engine at 110k from a 2008 V that had covered less than 30k - and she's actually found there is paperwork to warrant this mileage, and also does have an almost complete service history (apart from a 2 year period where she didn't service it and it led to the engine running with no oil, hence the new engine!)

It's got a few things that need sorting to make it acceptable for me to be happy driving it, but it's my 3rd car and I only decided to have it so I can use it for putting my bike carrier on the tow bar and going to trails and events etc, and as a general workhorse.

Over the coming months I suppose I'll be playing around with it, so here is a list of things that I need to sort/need advice on - I might have already fixed the AC flashing light problem with info I found on here as after I performed the self test on the climate control, the light isn't flashing although it's too cold to tell whether the AC is actually blowing cold...

1. Rear door lower strut/damper is shot - the door opens and closes without any resistance so I need a new strut, but they seem to be around £80+ here - any suggestions on how to get a cheaper strut?
2. Luggage compartment courtesy light doesn't work when the door is opened, but does if you turn the light on. Noticed the boot open indicator on the dash also doesn't illuminate when the door is opened (car door one does) so I guess the switch has had it. It's a pain as it seems to be $10 for a replacement switch in the US, but they're £18 here ($25?) which is a bit steep!
3. Gear knob leather stitching has come apart so the leather is coming off. Can't find a use knob and not spending £80 on a new one so will look for an aftermarket one
4. Steering wheel could do with replacing - just looking worn as are the cruise buttons as the white print is rubbing off
5. Drivers seat belt doesn't wind in properly, and this obviously got caught in the door when it was closed as the door panel has a hole in it on the lower plastic section
6. Rear suspension is sagging - want to do a lift on the back if I can source some parts but can't find any in the UK.
7. Wheels are stained beyond cleaning - either want to get some steel offroad wheels and chunky tyres or get them repainted. Like the look of the black wider wheels though, and they're only a bit more per wheel than a refurb so these could be a contender!
8. Electric mirrors don't fold in - they start to fold then stop pretty quickly. The motors are running then stop like they've got stuck, and a gentle nudge won't get them to move. any ideas?
9. Going to replace the key fob as the plastic is broken on one - may try one of those flip ones I've seen on ebay.
10. Headlights need sanding and polishing as have some sun damage.

I also want to add window tints and running boards, and some extra lights on the front (either an LED bar or spots - was thinking about whether this could be done on a roof rack or something... all ideas for the coming months though.

First it need a bloody good clean and the paintwork giving a machine polish - but nothing will happen at the moment as I've just torn a ligament back/shoulder (ouch) which needs time to heal....

Will upload some pics when I've hit the 5 post count!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome! You have a lot on the agenda. Once you heal up then tackle the most offending problem. One thing at a time. Have you checked for parts from http://www.rockauto.co.uk/ ? I use RockAuto.com over here in the states with success. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Sounds like your sister found a sucker to sell it to..... ha-ha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts