Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just wanted to let you all know I'm here. I love cars! I love to drive. I am a new Honda convert. It was the natural choice I suppose. In my previous life I've only owned Toyotas. My first car in 1986 was a '71 Corolla, then a Celica, then a Camry, a Sienna mini-van (not a happy choice, but...KIDS), and my last vehicle a 2003 4-Runner. I had my 4-Runner for 12 years and it was not easy to let her go. I truly loved that truck!

I say it was the natural choice to switch to a Honda because we've had 3 Honda Accords. My husband's 1999 had over 200K, on it, we bought it used, my husband drove it for several years and then my son drove it for a few years in college. A few months ago, my husband traded in his 2011 Accord for a 2015 Accord, and we bought our son a 2015 Civic and I'm now a very happy owner of a 2015 AWD EX-L in Modern Steel! Yay me! To be honest it wasn't my first choice. I was drooling over the new HRV that Honda just released this year. I test drove it, and loved everything about it except for the engine power. I had also considered the Mazda CX-5.

Remember coming from an 8-cylinder and being somewhat of a lead foot, I was convinced that a 4 cylinder was NOT going to cut it for me. But wow, this car is awesome! Such a comfortable ride. This engine has pep and power. I love it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)
About a 100 years ago when i was a teen I had a orange '72 Corolla I bought. I wanted to restore it etc.
But the car was so badly rusted my dad said no lol. When we went to move it, it basically broke in half.
Something about the 70's Japanese car's I love, had a 77 Datsun B210 again to rusted but drove it around the property . Also had a Lada 1500, and two VW beetles a '72 that we drove on the property and a '74 I was going to restore but tragic things happened t the time and I sold both.
My first car was a '85 Hyundai Pony, it was tough as nails, but man no friggin heat in it lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi New Girl On The Block!

I myself own a 2007 CRV EX-L with Nav and she is the best, I really have a grand love, love, love for her. I went from a 6 cylinder Chevrolet to the 4 cylinder CRV and I can move much faster and in less time in my CRV. My Chevrolet was a Nova that I purchased brand new and kept for 38 years. I understand the love of a car and that bond!

I wanted to ask you if you are experiencing any vibration that is quite noticable with your new 2015 CRV? There is an entire topic and thread on this very thing. I have read where some owners notice nothing in particular and others have the vibration so intense that they don't want to keep their CRV's. Also there are numerous lawsuits against Honda because of this vibration causing owners to become nauseated. Just so strange to read all of this!

It sounds like you just love your 2015 CRV. I am also a woman and I don't see many women here. So a very big WELCOME!

Epona

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm dying here with laughter! I sold that Corolla for a smoking hot $50. I sold it to a Providence police officer. It was what I had paid for the new battery I had just put in it. Poor car, it needed a quart of oil everyday to keep it happy. I almost a bought '67 Corvair in the '90s, my husband (then boyfriend) talked me out of it. I'm a sucker for vintage cars. :)

Welcome to the forums :)
About a 100 years ago when i was a teen I had a orange '72 Corolla I bought. I wanted to restore it etc.
But the car was so badly rusted my dad said no lol. When we went to move it, it basically broke in half.
Something about the 70's Japanese car's I love, had a 77 Datsun B210 again to rusted but drove it around the property . Also had a Lada 1500, and two VW beetles a '72 that we drove on the property and a '74 I was going to restore but tragic things happened t the time and I sold both.
My first car was a '85 Hyundai Pony, it was tough as nails, but man no friggin heat in it lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Epona! I love how you refer to your car as a girl! And yes I love this car! However, yes I am experiencing vibration at stops, not always, but sometimes, after the car has been driven for a while. I've seen the posts here about it. Reading that I wasn't the only one experiencing this made me feel better.

This is what I posted to that thread:

"I test drove 4 CRV's before purchasing the one I have a few weeks ago. The first one had no vibration at all, but it had Navi and I didn't want to spend the extra $1500 for an unwanted feature. The second had a horrible vibration, both while driving on the highway and while stopped at lights. It was bad! My husband and I thought the engine was going to explode. Not a good ride at all. Test drove 2 more and 3rd one was similar, but highway drive was good. Finally the 4th still had a slight vibration while stopped at lights, but drove nicely on the highway. I ended up with the last one. The sales rep kept blaming the road, "the roads not smooth". Yeah OK. It doesn't happen all the time, but my 4 week old 2015 EX-L gets the shudders too. I feel better now, knowing I'm not the only one."

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mdamarante, welcome to the Best forum of Honda CRV's! Glad to have you and congrats on your new one. I love everything about our '15 CRV and bet you will yours too. Cheers!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Epona! I love how you refer to your car as a girl! And yes I love this car! However, yes I am experiencing vibration at stops, not always, but sometimes, after the car has been driven for a while. I've seen the posts here about it. Reading that I wasn't the only one experiencing this made me feel better.

This is what I posted to that thread:

"I test drove 4 CRV's before purchasing the one I have a few weeks ago. The first one had no vibration at all, but it had Navi and I didn't want to spend the extra $1500 for an unwanted feature. The second had a horrible vibration, both while driving on the highway and while stopped at lights. It was bad! My husband and I thought the engine was going to explode. Not a good ride at all. Test drove 2 more and 3rd one was similar, but highway drive was good. Finally the 4th still had a slight vibration while stopped at lights, but drove nicely on the highway. I ended up with the last one. The sales rep kept blaming the road, "the roads not smooth". Yeah OK. It doesn't happen all the time, but my 4 week old 2015 EX-L gets the shudders too. I feel better now, knowing I'm not the only one."
Hi New Girl,

Thank you for the reply!

How very interesting that one of the 2015 CRV's had a terrible vibration and the last CRV you drove and bought had a slight vibration. And you love the car~! You are experiencing the vibration at stops but not all of the time.

I would imagine you will be seeing a some what good reduction in your gas milage with the 2015. I love taking my CRV on road trips. My dear CRV has given me the confidence to hit the road for days at a time.

I wonder why some 2015 CRV's vibrate more than another CRV? Is it because of the difference in LX, EL, EL-X? Or were they all the same CRV model that you test drove?

Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Honestly the idle vibration from the off set pistons that crops up at times when it sitting is engine speed dependant, whats running rad fans, ac etc. So could just be a fluke of the timing of things some did some did vibrate some not, or less etc.
My dealer said theres a fix in the new year , its a ecu flash to bring up the to low idle speed.
Personally I'm leaving mine alone I am thrilled with it's mileage and don't wanna mess around with anything that might mess with that, though the difference would probably never be noticed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi New Girl,

Thank you for the reply!

How very interesting that one of the 2015 CRV's had a terrible vibration and the last CRV you drove and bought had a slight vibration. And you love the car~! You are experiencing the vibration at stops but not all of the time.

I would imagine you will be seeing a some what good reduction in your gas milage with the 2015. I love taking my CRV on road trips. My dear CRV has given me the confidence to hit the road for days at a time.

I wonder why some 2015 CRV's vibrate more than another CRV? Is it because of the difference in LX, EL, EL-X? Or were they all the same CRV model that you test drove?

Thanks!
All the same model EL-X I believe. Honestly it really doesn't bother me all that much, it's just a mild vibe in the steering wheel, although a with a couple of them we could feel it in the seats, and it was really bad. I wouldn't be able to live with that. I'm mostly a highway driver, so I think that is part of the reason I hardly experience it.

Gas mileage! OMG incredible, vs the 17 mpgs I was getting to know based on what the trip odometer is telling me I'm now getting close to 29 mpgs. It's awesome. Fill up now means under $25 vs close to $50!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Highway driving mostly, in Econ mode most of the time. Yeah, I'm in love with my new CRV.

Honestly the idle vibration from the off set pistons that crops up at times when it sitting is engine speed dependant, whats running rad fans, ac etc. So could just be a fluke of the timing of things some did some did vibrate some not, or less etc.
My dealer said theres a fix in the new year , its a ecu flash to bring up the to low idle speed.
Personally I'm leaving mine alone I am thrilled with it's mileage and don't wanna mess around with anything that might mess with that, though the difference would probably never be noticed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Love ours too, just had the remote start installed, it's nice that the rear defrost/mirror defrost comes on with it and also the heater for windshield
But the range is short, 400 ft enclosed areas, 600-1000 open area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts