Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I bought the 2006 CRV. Now that I have it, there's some things I need to know. I've been building mustangs and antique Ford trucks my whole life so I'm comfortable talking anything apart and working in it. This front wheel drive vehicle will have some things I'm not used to though. I also have some general CRV questions first and this forum is where I'd like to get the answers. Just like our mustang forum, you guys have done all these things first hand and can tell me exactly what I need to know so here's my list......

1. Driver's window "auto" function doesn't always work. It starts then reverses direction. I can hold the switch and it goes all the way up or down. It just has a problem doing the auto part. What's the problem and fix?

2. Does anyone make quality replacement headlight assemblies? Where do I get them? There are none for my mustang. All of them are junk that only lasts maybe 2 years.

3. Is there supposed to be something under the picnic table in the well?

4. Is there a quick release mechanism for the back seats or is it just the actual 4 seat bolts?

5. The dash cluster lights are not very bright, even on the brightest setting. Do you guys have a solution with part numbers or links to LED bulbs?

6. Can someone give me the key fob programming sequence? Or does it have to go to the....ehhhh....dealership?

7. I have a couple small indicator lights out I guess. The cruise button light doesn't illuminate. Neither does the recirculation light on the a/c controls. Need some details on this please.

That's all for now. I've intentionally not included anything powertrain related yet. I'll do that later. Thanks in advance and thanks again for the buying help.

Mod: which forum does this need to be in?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The auto-up feature of the drivers' window auto-reverses the window if it detects too much resistance when going up. Maybe the tracks/window edge needs to be cleaned. Or, the thing that connects the window to the regulator mechanism is loose. That was my problem. (Don't spray any lube in the tracks or you'll get all kinds of dust in there. They are meant to be dry.)

To program the fobs: do you mean to the immobilizer or to the remote lock/unlock? If you mean immobilizer, sorry, go to a dealer or a locksmith. Just to be safe, bring all keys with you. If you mean remote lock/unlock, there's a procedure in the manual for that.

Non-working cruise light - does the cruise work at all?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cruise works great. You just can't tell when the button is on or off without that light. Same with recirculate on the a/c.
Key fob question is programming ONE to lock/unlock the doors. I don't have a manual. I was just looking on the site here for a sticky like we have on the mustang forums. We have every manual there is...service, owners, etm, etc in pdf format for download to anyone that needs them. Do we have that here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks. I got one from there. Didn't even have to register...lol.
Any thoughts on the other questions on my list?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nope. I'm a soon-to-be owner of a 2010 CR-V. It will find it's way in to my garage in April. I'm learning about the gen 3 (07-12) models.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts