Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up last night and will be picking up a new 2017 CR-V LX this weekend. It will be my wife's car.
I have been using Honda products since 1964 (motorcycles) and 1977 (cars).
The CR-V will be replacing a 2001 Subaru Forester with 165,000 on it. It always got the job done but it needs a rest due to rust and other issues. I also own a 1996 Prelude Si 2.3L with 92,000 miles. I was siting in a parking lot last week when two guys stopped nearby and asked if the car (Prelude) was for sale. Hmmm. I said, "Maybe.
They looked it over and saw how nice it still looked. But no $ offer was made when I told them I had no intention to sell it as it was still too much fun to drive. And what would I replace it with on a retired person's limited funds?
I used to work as an aircraft mechanic and inspector and also did a few years as a Honda motorcycle and car mechanic.
I intend to do most of the servicing work on the CRV in my new 900 sq ft workshop/garage, unless we are dealing with a warranty situation.
I was comparing a 2018 forester to the 2017 CRV. They had me when I saw the Basque Red CRV that matches my 2000 ST1100 V-4 motorcycle.
For some reason the CRV insurance was lower than the Forester. That and the marginally better fuel economy numbers sealed the deal.

Looking forward to that new car (and new forum) smell.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.