Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just purchased my 2014 CR-V EX this month.
I actually had a tough time with buyer's remorse and even shamelessly begged the dealer to take the car back (haha).
I had been looking at CR-Vs for a few weeks by the time I actually made the purchase, and was smelling mold coming through the vents in some of the cars when the heater was on.
Somehow the sales guy convinced me that it was fine, or not that bad, or would go away, or that it was the regular Honda heater smell, and I went with it!! Why do we do things when we know they are the wrong things??? Why?!

Anyway, I bought it, and begged to return it (shamelessly), and they wouldn't take it back (obviously), so I grew to love it, and now here I am. :p

They did perform an interior cleaning and it helped a bit, but only if the upper vents are selected. If the feet ones are selected, I still think the mold smell is pretty bad.

OH WELL! I'm embracing my air-fresheners. :rolleyes:

So I will likely be reading/posting in the DIY sections as I am about to embark on installing my aftermarket head unit to be able to use Android Auto like I could in my 2004 Mazda 3.
Also considering a DIY heated seats install. We shall see.

Good to be here with you guys, and good to be back in a Honda (even one that smells slightly of mold!!) ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I don't know that it is mold in your case. I will tell you that on both our '15 CRV and '09 Odyssey when we switch from heat to cool or cool to heat after operating either for a period of time the odor is not good. I have found that running it in heat position on high and fan on high for several minutes or longer will clear the odor and then all is well. It will repeat the same problem when changing back to heat or cold. Just high heat it again and you are good to go. It only happens upon the initial change then its ok. Be sure to not run the 'recycle' continuously. Fresh air is needed for the system and you. Skunks dead on the road seen ahead would be a great time to move the control to recycle!!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your '14. I'm betting you will love it more as time goes on. Cheers!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Kill the mould with max heating and aircond demisting for a long time.

Congrats on your CRV.

Post some pictures of your 2014if you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks canyon! What do you mean by demisting exactly?

I will try to get some pics up soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts