Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

New here- thinking about getting a CR-V

2243 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Webegpn2
Hi, I am a member of Honda Accord forum for 8 years. My daughter has a 1998 Accord, 250,000 miles, which she also had for 8 years and 100,000 miles.

I am looking for a CR-V for my daughter and saw a 2009 CR-V , $5,400 with 148,000 miles.
I haven't looked at it yet, but was surprised about a few things.

1) It does not have timing belt but uses a steel timing chain?
2) The ad says it is a AWD. Is that common, or is it an option?
3) Do the transmissions and engines typically last 250,000 if taken care of?

Are there any issues that are common with these cars? I am a fairly good mechanic but want to be prepared for any issues or quirks with CR-V's
( I kept my daughter's car running for 8 years. I am giving up now because the crankshaft seal is leaking and it is not worth taking the engine out for repairs).

Any other ideas or suggestions will be appreciated!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Moderate
2,839 Posts
I asked the full logbook from the dealer. Not that I don't know if my car was serviced but much of the information is not passed to me. The internal Honda logbook is very detailed with mechanic's notes and remarks.

@Tigris99 what's wrong with trans flush? It replaces 90+ % of the fluid at once.

· Moderate
2,839 Posts
They don't do power flush nowadays. The new machines hook up to the cooling lines and do not pump anything by itself. It recieves the old fluid from the transmission, diverts it to waste and feeds an equal amount of fresh fluid to the return line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.