Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just bought an 01 crv with a 5 speed and 180k for $1900. had been looking on and off for a while but quite limited because i wont buy an automatic. Its the first vhicle ive spent more than $1000 on, and the first one made after 2000. its in pretty decent shape and fairly rust free (im in minnesota)

looking forward to having a vhicle thats not a beater finally! and having awd in the winter again. Im intending to keep up maintanance religiously. speaking of, its somewhat neglected, nothing except oil changes has been done for the last 100k, so before i even start driving it im doing timing belt, valve adjustment, rear diff fluid and related stuff. i did do a verry through inspection before purchase including a compression test so i believe nothing major is wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
One of the rarest models in the US, a CR-V with a 5 speed manual transmission!

I'd do a change of the transmission fluid, too, although it's not like the automatics, and a single drain and fill works just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Congrats on your purchase. I'm a diehard manual transmission girl myself. Have had my 2000 5-speed since she rolled off the lot. That was 245k ago. I have been religious about maintenance and she keeps delivering. I bought mine when I still lived in NJ and made many a trip up north to ski. This truck handles great in the snow, you are going to really enjoy driving it.

Lots of luck!

-Claudia

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
congrats.

my crv is automatic - 1st non-stick i've owned since 1980. :( :(

can't find decent new SUV w/stick unless low end Subaru or Jeep.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Manual transmission on that era is rare. When changing the manual transmission fluid on that be very careful. As Honda uses an MTF fluid similarly close resemblance to engine oil. Don't make a mistake of using Gear Oil in it. As I have seen many mistakes like this. Don't forget to change the Power Steering Fluid too.

Otto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts