Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 CRV EX-L FWD
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have a 2021 CRV EX-L FWD . I have had it since February and so far it has been ok. Not really in love with it but hopefully I will grow to like it more in the future.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum, NMhonda!

Reactions: NMhonda

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,492 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,979 Posts
New to the forum. I have a 2021 CRV EX-L FWD . I have had it since February and so far it has been ok. Not really in love with it but hopefully I will grow to like it more in the future.
Welcome to the forum NMhonda.

So.. when you say you do not love it, but it may grow on you over time.... is that typical for you and a new vehicle, or is there something about your new CRV that simply does not dazzle or impress? Inquiring minds want details, if you have them. (y) :)

I'm not really one to "love" a motor vehicle, but my 2017 CRV definitely is a joy to drive, has been very reliable, and is a safe and yet energetic compact SUV/CUV in my personal experience.

·
Registered
21 CRV EX-L FWD
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not like the lousy infotainment system for one. I came out of a Ford and the electronics is no match for the Honda. The Ford wins hands down! I cannot start my Honda from my phone like the Ford and also the Honda app for the CRV is piss poor, cannot start car and half the time the Honda app just fails to work period. I got so sick of it I took it off my phone. I'm surprised that a Japanese vehicle is surpassed by an american one. Mechcaniclly it has been fine- no problems at all. Also first vehicle with a CVT- just not used to it. Reason I got rid of Ford was lousy 1.5 turbo engine failed with 11000 miles on it, was rebuilt by Ford but I just did not trust it. I was stationed in Japan and never had a problem with them. I also do not drive very much anymore especially with the pandemic. This vehicle is a lease and will have about 15000 miles at end of lease and have already decided I will get something else. Maybe a Pilot would better fit me. To answer your other question usually I like them right away but this one not so much, just can't pinpoint why I feel this way. For the time it will work for me because I am locked in but will really look more carefully the next purchase. Don't get me wrong I really like Honda, just not satisfied with this particular vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,979 Posts
I do not like the lousy infotainment system for one. I came out of a Ford and the electronics is no match for the Honda. The Ford wins hands down! I cannot start my Honda from my phone like the Ford and also the Honda app for the CRV is piss poor, cannot start car and half the time the Honda app just fails to work period. I got so sick of it I took it off my phone. I'm surprised that a Japanese vehicle is surpassed by an american one. Mechcaniclly it has been fine- no problems at all. Also first vehicle with a CVT- just not used to it. Reason I got rid of Ford was lousy 1.5 turbo engine failed with 11000 miles on it, was rebuilt by Ford but I just did not trust it. I was stationed in Japan and never had a problem with them. I also do not drive very much anymore especially with the pandemic. This vehicle is a lease and will have about 15000 miles at end of lease and have already decided I will get something else. Maybe a Pilot would better fit me. To answer your other question usually I like them right away but this one not so much, just can't pinpoint why I feel this way. For the time it will work for me because I am locked in but will really look more carefully the next purchase. Don't get me wrong I really like Honda, just not satisfied with this particular vehicle
Got it. (y)

The current generation CRV is 5 years old now, and we expect the next generation in about a year or so. So it is no surprise that the electronics in the CRV feel a bit dated to some owners.

HondLink offers nothing in the generation5, and if you check newer generation Hondas in the lineup... they all have a more feature rich HondaLink implementation.

The infotainment system is what it is, and Honda has struggled for years with infotainment systems. The ones in the new Civic look great though and portend what is coming with the generation6 CRV.

Comparing features between different brands though is a circular exercise in frustration, because there is no perfect brand or model out there. They all make trade-offs and compromises in their choice of features offered.

As for not loving your vehicle. I encourage to you drive it, enjoy it, and overlook it's perceived shortcomings, because CRVs offer a really great set of features and performance for the price point. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’m from NM as well. Love our Hybrid CRV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts