Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,

I am a recent new owner of a Honda and I cannot be any more proud of my little Peanut, I name my cars...2001 Honda Civic LX has been a trooper and I wish I would have never bought any other type of car. I need some help from my fellow Honda owners...My spouse and I just bought a lemon...A lemon is being super nice when referencing what is sitting in my driveway now. We are getting rid of the lemon which is not a Honda and looking for something else and I have my eye on the Honda CRV since my little Peanut has been a rock. I am finding that within my price range I can afford somewhere between a 2000-2004, however, I am finding them with anywhere from 115-185K (110,000-185,000). I bought Peanut with 105,000 miles and although he only has 135,000 on him, he is going strong even after having the driver wheel fall off and slamming into the ground going 60 mph, only damage was the quarter panel. Please do not ask about the wheel because I am far from happy about the situation, but at least I am alive. Would anyone of you mind giving me some helpful tips...I live in the Midwest, so having a sedan and suv is something that is needed when you have three kids. I am grateful for your time well in advance. By chance you can add what would be a fair price outside of the information that KBB provides would be a bonus.

Regards,
Fellow Loyal Honda Owner

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I live in a mountainous ski town and the prices of all CR-V's here are waaaaaaay above the national average.

I'll be watching this thread to see how this story ends.

Best of luck!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
If you can find a vehicle that has fully documented maintenance, BUY IT. Simple oil changes are not enough information.

Prices change with location and season, but looking around in the Shoppin' Section might answer some questions.

Specific Q's can be SEARCHED or asked in generation-specific areas like this one for Gen2.

Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am the original owner of a 04 CRV LX. FWD. Out of all my cars (10 since I bought her), she is only one that hasn't given me a serious problem. I've done most if not all the work on her which has been mostly optional with the exception of a starter. Here in the Northeast, I see CRV's going anywhere from $500 - 5k. Same as Carbuff2, if she has maintenance records, is in good relative shape and is priced somewhere between $1500 - 4k which should reflect her condition both mechanical and physical, Buy it. Under the $1500 would make me skeptical. If your mechanically inclined, installing a new front suspension is a wise investment. I just did new front & rear suspension (lower control arms,inner & outer tie rods, all ball joints, Bilstein 4600 struts & Moog coils, new Yokohama Geolanders, and some new brake pads), WOW she drives like a brand new car! Handling is amazing, all for under $1800.00. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. I am grateful for your time. I will post and update when I find my new addition. Just an FYI...Control arms on a 2001 Honda Civic are rough...The castle nut bolts are not sold anywhere not even Honda. Thankful to the local hardware store for saving me and my mechanic for maintaining the integrity of the castle nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts