Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Thanks for adding me to this forum. bought a 2021 Honda CRV in July. So far I am liking it. The gas mileage has been great. Still learning all the other features slowly. I am trying to find out which MP3 player will work with it. Still waiting on my owner’s manual. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
838 Posts
Hello, Thanks for adding me to this forum. bought a 2021 Honda CRV in July. So far I am liking it. The gas mileage has been great. Still learning all the other features slowly. I am trying to find out which MP3 player will work with it. Still waiting on my owner’s manual. Thanks
Congrats on the purchase. Register here and download a pdf of the owners manual. A lot easier to browse and search than the hard copy version anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,702 Posts
Welcome.
You didn't mention if you have a 1.5T or a Hybrid.
You can put your vehicle details in your profile if you like, saves typing them again if you have a question.
You can also put your location there as well, sometimes helps when looking for parts sources etc.
You don't necessarily need or want an MP3 player.
You can just put the files on a flash drive, the head unit will play them.
Or, any of the online music sources can be used with Android Auto or Carplay.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome.
You didn't mention if you have a 1.5T or a Hybrid.
You can put your vehicle details in your profile if you like, saves typing them again if you have a question.
You can also put your location there as well, sometimes helps when looking for parts sources etc.
You don't necessarily need or want an MP3 player.
You can just put the files on a flash drive, the head unit will play them.
Or, any of the online music sources can be used with Android Auto or Carplay.
Thanks. I have a 2021 EX - not a Hybrid. I will add it to my profile.
The flash drive is a great idea. Do I need any particular drive? I will be doing this in the future..
I have music on an existing older sony MP3 player. Unfortnately I don't think it has bluetooth so I can't get it to play. I may transfer the music to the flash drive if it can be done. Thank you.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,535 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,008 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Ncar. :)

As already noted by another member above...while you are waiting on that hardcopy owners manual, if you have not already done so.... you can download a PDF copy from the Honda Owners Manual for | 2021 Honda CR-V | Honda Owners

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,008 Posts
Thanks. I have a 2021 EX - not a Hybrid. I will add it to my profile.
The flash drive is a great idea. Do I need any particular drive? I will be doing this in the future..
I have music on an existing older sony MP3 player. Unfortnately I don't think it has bluetooth so I can't get it to play. I may transfer the music to the flash drive if it can be done. Thank you.
One option for your old MP3 player is to purchase a small bluetooth transmitter that will accept a 3.5mm audio cable from your old sony player. You can also get one that broadcasts onto an unused FM channel and can be tuned in to by your radio. So if you are really still craving your old Sony... you can try that path.

That said, you probably will have better luck with the flash drive approach. Just be sure that you format the drive to FAT32 before you load music on it for your CRV. FAT32 will be readable by just about any device, and many flash drives now ship with NTFS or exFAT formats from the factory which not all devices/interfaces can read them. File formats and Flash Drives Info.

Brand or size of flash drive should not matter, but do use a good quality one from a reputable brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts