Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid EX-L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our lease was up on our 2017 EX and although we had planned to buy it at the end of the lease we decided to upgrade to the EX-L and go hybrid on a new lease.

I am happy to say that it was the best decision as I really love this car. Peppier than the 1.5 Turbo and 38 MPG with a lower monthly payment even after going from an EX to EX-L. (I'm in NJ and dealerships had been closed for a while from COVID-19 and only opened up a few weeks ago by appointment only and online sales, so getting a good deal was easier.) Our other car is a CMAX Energi that drives like a hybrid, but the CRV Hybrid just drives so much better and in regular and sport mode drives very responsively. In Eco mode, I find the accelerator a little mushy and just keep it in regular mode. I have test driven the RAV4 Hybrid, and Niro and this by far is the best hybrid I have ever driven.

The only thing I am going to add is Apple Wireless Carplay and Wireless Charging to it.

Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
I love those wheels! Unavailable on the cars here in the Netherlands.

I wish you many happy and safe miles!

Menno

The. Admin. Istrator.
Delightful and wonderful looking new CR-V there @Sydney_NYC 馃憣

Now you need to start adding a few OEM extra's, like running boards and tailgate spoiler 馃榿

Registered
Our lease was up on our 2017 EX and although we had planned to buy it at the end of the lease we decided to upgrade to the EX-L and go hybrid on a new lease.

Good choice!
I recently bought a Hybrid Touring model. I agree that Eco mode is only for highway cruising. Too lethargic for normal driving. Sport mode gives a nice push to off the line acceleration, then back to normal. it looks good in white!

View attachment 139099

I am happy to say that it was the best decision as I really love this car. Peppier than the 1.5 Turbo and 38 MPG with a lower monthly payment even after going from an EX to EX-L. (I'm in NJ and dealerships had been closed for a while from COVID-19 and only opened up a few weeks ago by appointment only and online sales, so getting a good deal was easier.) Our other car is a CMAX Energi that drives like a hybrid, but the CRV Hybrid just drives so much better and in regular and sport mode drives very responsively. In Eco mode, I find the accelerator a little mushy and just keep it in regular mode. I have test driven the RAV4 Hybrid, and Niro and this by far is the best hybrid I have ever driven.

The only thing I am going to add is Apple Wireless Carplay and Wireless Charging to it.

Banned
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring
I really like my white touring hybrid. Such a nice pearl sparkle!

I tend to leave mine in Eco mode, force of habit. I plan to monitor mpg in normal vs Eco & see. I drive a lot of country roads & love seeing 40+ mpg on the screen, even if it's probably inflated.

Super Moderator - How may I help?
That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for but because of the lack of a spare tire and no towing I'm out.
Approx. how much under msrp did you pay?
Your concerns didn't bother us one bit. The fact that my wife will only drive about 5,000 miles a year did. It just wasn't worth the extra money over the one we did buy. She's getting a reliable 35+ mpg on her daily commute in her 2020 NON hybrid Touring.

Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid EX-L
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your concerns didn't bother us one bit. The fact that my wife will only drive about 5,000 miles a year did. It just wasn't worth the extra money over the one we did buy. She's getting a reliable 35+ mpg on her daily commute in her 2020 NON hybrid Touring.
With our previous 2017 EX CRV I was getting about 27 MPG in mixed NYC metro city/highway traffic. I am getting about 38 MPG so far, so for me it is a big enough difference. The lack of a spare tire does not bother me. Our C-MAX has the same setup. In the last 17 years, all of our cars have had TPMS and those have prevented us from being stuck on the highway with a flat tire. The last time I ever had to change a tire on the side of the road (yes, this girl knows how), was over 30 years ago. With the way people drive now, I would not even want to attempt it.

That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for but because of the lack of a spare tire and no towing I'm out.
Approx. how much under msrp did you pay?
About 1300 Under MSRP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts