Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any audiophiles should look away now :rolleyes:

Having put up with the lack of connectivity on my V's CD/tuner since new I decided to change.

I don't need a top-end unit in the car. Only require reasonable audio quality.

Ended up buying this Tevion unit from Aldi!

CD/Tuner/MP3 & WMA disk compatible/BT phone/BT music streaming/USB slot/Aux socket/SD card reader/IR remote/graphic equaliser/removable front panel.

Fitted in 20 minutes. Sounds great; better than the OEM Pioneer unit!

The best bit? £49.99 inc a 3 year warranty!

Sorry for the [email protected] cellphone photo.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Not bad! That is a fantastic price for all of the features it includes... :eek:

I actually LOVE Aldi! I still shop there now, and it is a great way to save money... :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one mate,

does it come with an iso block on the back or do you have to wire them in .
You need an ISO harness adaptor but I understand thats true for any aftermarket ICE into a Honda. That cost me £3.99 ;)

For anyone thats interested the ISO adaptor is part number PC2-68-4 from Autoleads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks a bargain. Anyone got details of how to remove original and fit the replacement with photos if poss. Only had the V for 4 weeks and the OEM stereo (Type 'A' in owner's manual) is C**P. Also, would the speakers need upgrading? And, yes, you guessed my next Q, how are they replaced?

Many thanks,

·
Read Only
73 Posts
You need an ISO harness adaptor but I understand thats true for any aftermarket ICE into a Honda. That cost me £3.99 ;)

For anyone thats interested the ISO adaptor is part number PC2-68-4 from Autoleads.
No i dont mean the one to convert form the headunit to the honda , i mean from the headunit to the honda convetro lead, ..

what cables did u get with the head unit,.

dit i have a connector like this

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks a bargain. Anyone got details of how to remove original and fit the replacement with photos if poss. Only had the V for 4 weeks and the OEM stereo (Type 'A' in owner's manual) is C**P. Also, would the speakers need upgrading? And, yes, you guessed my next Q, how are they replaced?

Many thanks,
Keith,

Removal is simple. There are a couple of self tappers holding the silver console around the stereo/air vents. Look under the airvents (above the coolbox). Remove the screws and ease the silver surround out (it'a also held by a couple of clips but it's not difficult) working from the bottom upwards.

The stereo and 'CD' box are held into the dash by 4 screws. Remove the screws and the stereo/CD box come out in one piece. Disconnect the antenna and connector block.

Unscrew the original unit from the mounting bracket and replace with the new Aldi unit. Due to the location of the mounting holes in the new unit I only managed to get one screw back in each side (rather than 2) but thats no problem. Everthing is solid when reassembled.

Reconnect the wiring (you will need an ISO adaptor as mentioned earlier) and screw the stereo/CD box combo back into the dash. Replace the silver surround. Job done.

No need to replace the original speakers.

I have gone back and taken some pictures of the removal process. HTH....

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's REALLY honestly the easiest car I have ever seen to install. Well second to the neon my father had where the trim was just held in my clips (so 1 step and 2 screws easier) but I think that whole damn car was held together by clips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
More qs. Just got the last Aldi stereo (well in our local store anyway!), looks good and has loads of applications. However, not sure what converter lead i need to maintain use of the steering wheel controls. Looked on car audio sites and they only appear to give part nos of leads for top brands. Does this mean the Aldi unit can't be operated from the sterring wheel?

ANy advice appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No i dont mean the one to convert form the headunit to the honda , i mean from the headunit to the honda convetro lead, ..

what cables did u get with the head unit,.

dit i have a connector like this

Rob,

Yes, the unit was supplied with a small harness to connect it to the ISO harness. Sorry for delayed reply, the thread was moved & I didn't realise!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More qs. Just got the last Aldi stereo (well in our local store anyway!), looks good and has loads of applications. However, not sure what converter lead i need to maintain use of the steering wheel controls. Looked on car audio sites and they only appear to give part nos of leads for top brands. Does this mean the Aldi unit can't be operated from the sterring wheel?

ANy advice appreciated.
Keith,

Not entirely sure as I don't have steering wheel controls but give these guys a call. They were very helpful when I bought the ISO harness from them.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/search.asp

HTH....NDJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but WTF is a Cool Box?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.