Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All,

I am living in Tagaytay, PH.

I am here because I own a 2002 Honda CR-V and am having an intermittent ignition? problem. Turn the key all the way down and nothing. No sounds. I have read on the forum that this is a common problem with this SUV. I see there was a recall a number of years back, but I doubt the past owner ever took the vehicle into a dealer for replacement of the ignition switch. I also read about a current irregularity and warn contacts in the switch itself. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there any fix short of replacing the ignition switch? The dealer told me several weeks ago that the ignition switch is unavailable for ordering here in the Philippines. This does present a dilemma! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Mark S.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I had an issue with my 2007 Honda Ridgeline where it was hard inserting, turning or removing the key.

Lubricant did not help.

The local dealership (very good dealership) wanted $800 to replace the ignition and rekey the vehicle.

I took it to a good local locksmith who had a 'car guy' and he rebuilt the ignition for $80.00 and it works great.

Welcome and best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.