Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Ontario Canada!

First off, I have been reading this forum for some time and thanks for all the good information.

My 2007 EX-L has just recieved a fresh set of tires as the deulers were done at about 33,000 kilometers. I purchased a set of Toyo Open Country HT's from a local tire shop, 768.00 installed and balanced for a set of 4. The shop sold Michelin as well as a few other brands. The Toyos were his recommendation as the best tire for the car. As far as I can tell, no one else on this forum has mentioned them as they do not come up during a search.

I seriously considered Bridgestone Alenzas, but they were about $300.00 more and I felt that Bridgestone already got enough cash out of me with the stock Deulers. The other shop wanted over $1100.00 for a set ot Michelin Latitude tours, but I just was not convinced that they could be that much better.

Anyway, the Toyos. The Open Country HT is their light truck and SUV, all-season, highway-type tire and it came in the correct 22565R17 size for the V. It is H speed rated and a treadwear life of 640 versus 360 for the Deulers.
My tires are marked "made In Japan', but I understand that Toyo has factories in the US and China.

We've put about 3000k on them so far and I am very pleased. Very quiet and a little better than the deulers in the snow. Came home from the airport a month ago and with 4 people aboard and a weeks worth of luggage and not a hint of tire noise, whine or vibraton at freeway speeds. Toyo rates well on a couple of tire sites I have found. If anyone wants the links just ask and I'll try and figure out how to post them.

Still, they are not snow/ice tires, but the money I saved will buy a set of steel wheels for a future winter tire purchase.

Cheers!

·
Registered
868 Posts
If you're happy, that's great. It's all that matters.

But remember this for future purchases: #1 rule in retail is that you always recommend what you have in stock. Always. Even if you can make a little more money on something else. And even if you know that it's not necessarily the best product. You have a customer. You have the items. Close the deal. Now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts